This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We now have the upper hand!

I referred this to my supervisor, who referred it to a billing manager. The billing manager actually reversed the $35 credit, stating this customer needs to pay the bill, and no more credits are to be issued on this account! Finally, a manager that has a backbone! I know it's not over yet.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us updated!
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

No problem. I should point out though, that due to an error in the computer system, this lady's suspended account for non payment was restored. She still owes us money, but now we are afraid of suspending her again. I cannot get involved, and neither can my supervisor, for fear of she'll say that we did this to get back at her for her ugliness. We also are trying to not get to where she makes a PSC case out of it.

Interestingly enough, one of the contacts from today was this bitch's husband, and based on the notes, he has the same personality that she does, threatening us with the attorney general, calling his local newspaper, etc. Some people were certainly made for each other. I wonder if they have children and what examples are they learning from?

Comment

Please

Please keep us posted.

My previous company's customers went thru a major shakeup when an internal audit showed a few of our biggest clients were costing us thousands per year once you added up all the free hardware and tech-support hours.

They were not happy about the new billing standards that were enforced afterwards.

Comment

greensinestro, this whole thing has turned into a saga of corporate mismanagement and customer service gone wrong. This tale is basically a manual for people who want to do everything wrong, lose money, and get nothing but abuse in return.

Its absolutely fascinating - keep us posted.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
              greensinestro, this whole thing has turned into a saga of corporate mismanagement and customer service gone wrong. This tale is basically a manual for people who want to do everything wrong, lose money, and get nothing but abuse in return.

Its absolutely fascinating - keep us posted.
              Will do, but I think for now, we're going to have to let our computers do their thing and automatically suspend her, instead of us taking action. I think we'll hear from this bitch again around the beginning of January, when she gets her new bill, and discovers that the credit she and her husband were dancing for joy about was reversed, and she still owes us the money, plus late fees!

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                In Sprint's case, their bad customers were not necessarily unprofitable due to credits given. If that were the case, management would have found it easier and more economical to rein in the credit-happy supervisors instead of dumping the customer entirely.

The problem with the majority of Sprint's bad customers was the sheer number of times they called. With Sprint and other companies doing all they can to staff and run their call centers cheaply, you can imagine how much phone time these people ate up in order to pass the point of profitability.
                This is how you get out of paying kill fees if you cancel your cell phone contract. You call the phone company a couple of times a day for a week or two and ask to speak with a customer service rep on some matter. A question about an item on the bill, for example.

Handling such queries to very expensive and the phone company would rather not have customers who are not profitable.

So when you call to cancel so you can switch to another carrier, they will usually waive the cancellation fee.

The good thing is, you don't have to be a SC to use this strategy. Just an unprofitable one.

Comment

Oh, I wish she would just cancel her fucking service!

I fucking hate this woman to death! She called in today, not about the bill, like I thought she would (being she still is past due and owes us money which she thought we credited, but then reversed on her). She told the rep she spoke with, demanding to speak directly to me because her e-mails were not downloading. She had them stuck on the server and had exceeded her capacity, yet uses Outlook Express. When this guy did the troubleshooting (after I refused to speak with her), it turned out her Outlook settings had "leave a copy of messages on the server". Even if you download your messages, they will stay on the ISP's server unless you go in and delete them from their webmail.

This fucking bitch accused me of actually hacking into her computer and selecting this option on her computer. Yes, I did this, because I have nothing else to do, like serve the more loyal and honest customers, the ones that pay their bills and own up to their responsibilities.

How I wish she would just cancel and leave us alone. Like I said though, it's not over. I predict we'll be hearing from her next month when she gets another bill and sees the credits, then the reversals of them, and sees she owes us money still. Can't wait.

Comment

Well, she's back! She called in this past Wednesday, but I did not call her back. She reported that she again could not download her e-mails and that someone at my company must have hacked into it. We had a slight problem with other customers who her same domain, but they were much more pleasant to deal with.

I was off the next day, but then came in to see the multitude of e-mails she sent on our trouble report. She stated that she wasted four hours with a rep, calling him by name. This guy has not worked with us now in over six months, but she named him because she has everyone's names that she has spoken to. She also tried to get three reps to raise her mail quota, which we have said "NO!" to her a million times on, because she refuses to be charged for it. (We've actually made exceptions for other customers, but only if they are loyal and nice to deal with). One of her e-mails said, "Check your damn server". With that, neither I nor my supervisor were going to call her back for using profanity, and we now have a hard copy of her ugly messages.

Her other beef was again, she still owes us money and wanted to know who denied her those credits she was given the month before. She stated we owed that to her because of her constant "problems", which are really hers. I reviewed this account, which she pays $60 per year on, or $5 per month. Last year, she made one and only one payment in the amount of $10, the rest being credits due to her threatening to leave. So, now that the new year is here, we can now prove this lady is not worth the trouble. We are providing her with an e-mail only service at $5 per month, but made only one-sixth of the yearly amount she should be paying. Yes, she could get a free e-mail address at hotmail or gmail, but she won't do that, because she has had her same e-mail for ten years now. Wait a minute....what am I saying? She's already getting free e-mail from us!

God how I wish she would carry out her threat and fucking leave!
                    Last edited by greensinestro; 01-25-2008, 10:01 PM.

Comment

So she's gonna get away with that every single month? How is that being profitable towards the company if she's getting away with not paying anything? Sombeody over there needs to grow some balls & use the damn things!

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                        So she's gonna get away with that every single month? How is that being profitable towards the company if she's getting away with not paying anything? Sombeody over there needs to grow some balls & use the damn things!
                        I actually closed this lady's trouble report without calling her, after getting supervisor approval to do that. Since this lady was getting updates of our trouble reports, this counted as staying in touch with her. That being the case, I noted very heavily and in red lettering that she still owes us $xx.xx and that we are not going to raise her e-mail quota unless she agrees to be charged for it. It also stated our policies and so forth, very professionally, but still translates into "You need to pay your bill, and we are not going to continue paying it for you!" I have not heard from her since then, but I really don't think it's over.

By the way, next week, the account is scheduled for suspension. I know she'll be back at that time.

We actually are using our balls now, at least myself, my supervisor, and now a bililng supervisor that we've allied ourselves with are! And, this lady has received it in her e-mail that we literally are not going to give in any more to her.

Comment

It is amazing that management is allowing this "customer" to waste so many company resources for nothing. Hopefully some smart manager will look at her history and never allow her another credit again. Depending on the AG they would either laugh at her or defend her. Hopefully must would laugh.

Comment

I followed up this morning on this bitch, and she is now filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as the attorney general in New York (since that is where her service is and where we have another office), Illinois (since that it where our payment center is, although she gets out of making payments herself), and Florida (since that is where my office is located). She also will be going to the FCC, who hopefully will tell her where to go. Her complaint states how appalled she is that nobody called her back to follow up (which I personally will not do, because I grew tired of being verbally abused whenever I did follow up), and that someone in our company would have the nerve to reverse the credits she received. I am doing the best thing by leaving this alone for now, and I cannot wait to see what happens. Hopefully, the BBB will see her history with us, as will the attorney general and the FCC.

On top of that, she cut and pasted our rating and complaints from the BBB site. My company has an "F" rating because of the complaints, but my defense in this would be most of the complainers are the scumbags like this woman who don't pay the bill, or find ways of getting free service. We are a reseller of phone service in addition to providing internet, and many of the customers I've dealt with over the years are those who have shitty credit, who are rude and ugly all the time, and cannot obtain service with a top brass company.

So, this bitch is going through all of this trouble, yet is not noting to us that she intends to cancel. She probably thinks all of this complaining will net her some free money, or free services.

God, how I wish this woman would leave us!
                            Last edited by greensinestro; 01-26-2008, 12:30 PM.

Comment

One of these days someone is going to sue one of these feebs and WIN, for emotional trauma. Having to deal with these whining maggots deserves compensation.

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
                                One of these days someone is going to sue one of these feebs and WIN, for emotional trauma. Having to deal with these whining maggots deserves compensation.
                                Great idea. The emotional trauma that I myself as well as my supervisor and fellow co-workers have dealt with from this bitch are overwhelming. This is why whenever she reports a problem, we try to resolve it without verbally speaking with her. We should sue her for monetary damages. I think in the end though, it will be her that gets something out of it, and it won't be "injustice" toward her. Sad world we live in.

Comment

Working...
                                X