Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our new cat, to replace one that died, cost us $90 at the local shelter. I could never understand why you would spend so much money on a cat.

Comment

If I could get a cat I'd go to the PetSmart adoption center. The one near me is either $90 or $120, depending on which group the adoption goes through (there are 2 groups who put cats at that PetSmart). They had a 3 month old kitten a while back that was a two-tone caramel-y color with the most interesting swirly pattern on her sides. She was soooo cute. I couldn't even tell you what color her eyes were.

On the annoying FRIES or APPLES...? Maybe that's why they do it...they are hoping the kid will say apples...even with caramel sauce they're better for you than fries.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Re: Senior coffee.

The way it was written, it looks like she understood right away after it was explained to her, instead of taking ten minutes of repeating!

Re: False advertising I.

It would have been fun to have a spare pair of reading glasses on hand, and to be able to get away with handing them to her as her "something free" and say "Here, to help you in reading the disclaimers on TV."

Re: Happy Meal type 2.

Maybe the customer had to......ummmm......check the kid to find out.

Re: Sweet Kitty no blue eyes.

Posting what I'd like to do to these people's eyes would likely get me banned from the board."

Re: "Can I....".

I think I either say "Can I" or "I'd like" , but whichever one I use, it's prefaced by a pleasant "Hi", and followed by a "Please". And, of course, a "Thanks" when the order is ready.

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

lol, one time we had a customer who went home and didnt get his 6 peice nuggets, so he calls the manger saying that they need to send someone to their house just to drop it off. first of all the gas price is high, second of all, since when did we do dilivery.

Comment

it's a simple question. basically "Please identify the gender of your child!"
            Actually, I don't think it's as simple as that. I know that when I was a child, my father always gave me the choice of getting the boy's meal or the girl's meal, and my answer would change depending on which toy seemed more appealing that day. Some times it was the girly dolls and some times it was the cool cars and gadgets, but I appreciate that I was given the choice. I usually took about a minute to come up with an answer, too, but I was a kid.

I can only imagine that anyone taking that long to come up with an answer is waiting for the kid to make a choice or is getting the happy meal for an adult that didn't expect the question.

Comment

Quoth HereWeGo View Post
              Actually, I don't think it's as simple as that. I know that when I was a child, my father always gave me the choice of getting the boy's meal or the girl's meal, and my answer would change depending on which toy seemed more appealing that day. Some times it was the girly dolls and some times it was the cool cars and gadgets, but I appreciate that I was given the choice. I usually took about a minute to come up with an answer, too, but I was a kid.

I can only imagine that anyone taking that long to come up with an answer is waiting for the kid to make a choice or is getting the happy meal for an adult that didn't expect the question.
              Generally these people do not have any children in the car with them, and as a girl who grew up wanting the hotwheels instead of the barbies, I can sympathize if they have to ask the children first. But I suspect that they didn't expect that we had two different types of toys *shrug* It would help in a lot of cases if people actually looked at the menu boards to see what toys we had before ordering happy meals, it would cut down on a lot of problems. Like when we have only one type of toy and a woman is ordering eight happy meals, slowly explaining which meal goes with which type of toy...

And to clarify, I don't hold anything against people who say 'Can I get', it's just something that catches my attention a lot and usually makes me laugh. Imagine if you will, a customer that wants to come back and make their own sandwich, run their own order, cook their own fries, et cetera... just amuses me.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
                What is a "Krabby-Patty" for those of us who don't speak Idiot?
                In the cartoon Sponge Bob Square Pants, Sponge Bob works at a fast-food
                place that sells Krabby Patties. I'm mildly embarrassed that I even know this.

Comment

ah happy meals... i remember when they first came out, back when they were in boxes. i also remember getting carsick afterwards

off topic irony: the happy meal is actually an adult single-serving size for the items. Yeah.

but ... who in their right mind really thinks a beany baby would still be in stock a year later?

i also remember before you could buy the toy without getting the meal... some people - like my mom - would buy the meal & toy and just chuck the meal out in the trash. heh
                  Last edited by PepperElf; 01-26-2008, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    ah happy meals... i remember when they first came out, back when they were in boxes.
                    I remember when they had one toy for everyone...not one for boys and another for girls.

I miss my Happy Meal Legos™.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I remember how horrified I was when my dad and I went to McDonalds every Sunday, and, without fail, I'd get a boys' Happy Meal (remember my awful boys' haircut my grandmother insisted I must have, and my dumb parents agreed?).

After a few incidents like that, Dad made sure to ask for a girls' meal.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

People who can't treat animals right should be shot.

On a lighter note....

I'm into nuggets ya'll

I'm into nuggets ya'll

Mcnuggets , Mcnuggets what !!

Ketchup and Mayo !!

Ketchup and Mayo !!

P.S. I'm a vegetarian. I just really dig that stupid song !!
                        Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

i also remember before you could buy the toy without getting the meal... some people - like my mom - would buy the meal & toy and just chuck the meal out in the trash. heh
                          My grandmother buys happy meals for herself all year long because she says the regular value meals are too much food for her. She saves up the toys all year and gives them out at Halloween instead of candy.
                          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                            I think I either say "Can I" or "I'd like" , but whichever one I use, it's prefaced by a pleasant "Hi", and followed by a "Please". And, of course, a "Thanks" when the order is ready.
                            That's how my husband orders as well. He's often very polite and courteous to the person on the other side of the speaker.

When I worked in pizza, what really got me was the (after my whole spiel), "gimme a ---" or "Ineeda ----" (usually done without a pleasant greeting or such....)
                            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

ah happy meals... i remember when they first came out, back when they were in boxes. i also remember getting carsick afterwards

off topic irony: the happy meal is actually an adult single-serving size for the items. Yeah.

but ... who in their right mind really thinks a beany baby would still be in stock a year later?

Happy meals still come in boxes, it just depends on what toy it is. If it's from a big company like disney or dreamworks (although disney no longer endorses happy meals), they usually get the boxes.

When Shrek the Third came out, they had happy meal toys with boxes, new designs for the milk cartons and apple dippers, a new McFlurry flavor, a new shake flavor (minty mudbath was delicious), and new boxes for all the chicken products. They also had collectable glassware. It was nuts!

Story from today:

Would you believe that today at work someone got annoyed and short tempered with me after I told them that they could get a medium fry with their food for twenty cents less by changing their order to a combo? Then I asked them if they'd rather me take it off of there since they didn't seem happy about it, and they said no, they'd take it. Of course they would, it's twenty cents, and more fries. No reason to be angry about it though. I got the feeling that the guy would have bit my head off if I had asked him if he wanted ketchup with that. *shrug* some people.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                                She saves up the toys all year and gives them out at Halloween instead of candy.
                                I know where I'm going trick or treating this year!!!
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X