This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grumpmeister to the max

this morning was quite an adventure, after finding out my boss was fired (see my post under morons in managment) i had alot of customers,

starting at 9:15am (keep in mind we dont open till 10am)

so i open the bay doors and i say i notice that this lady has been here for a while, i dont know who came after her, so the few customers that were there told me the order in which they arrived, i asked them to be patient since my co worker was running late and i would be the only person there for a while.

so the small group of customers (about 5 cars total some with more than one person) go in side while i help the lady

then this grumpy grumpy guy comes in and starts getting mad at me because i wouldnt take him right away. i tell him that there is a line and these people had been here since before the store opened and if he would please wait for me or my late co worker to get to him. he sat and pretty much hung on the counter glareing me down, the other customers are getting nervous about the whole thing.

so hes next in line and pushes his way pretty much almost knocks over the kid i was working with and takes up what small counter space i had with all of his newspapers (i have 2 counters) so much so i could barely have enough room for the poor guy i was working with to sign his authorizations. and the grumpy guy just sat there and glared at him.

so after the guy i was helping goes to the store to get some dinner, i ask the guy how i could help him. what he said was totaly unintelligible, i ask for clarifiacatoin in a nice way and he gets mad at me for not understanding him and throws an estimite at me. i know there is a guy waiting to pick up his car that was left over night so i ask if he was picking up, he got madder at me. (note hes not really talking at this point but more or less throwing him self around like a child he just have been 70 at least)

i go out to his car and he gets mad at me for takeing his tire tread depths, he odviously didnt want our tires since he had some new loose ones in the back seat.

i finnally get through his cars inspection, and get him out of there, he sits in the waiting room and waits for his car.

a few mins later he comes in and starts yelling at me, why havent you told me my car was ready, they pulled it out i want to leave right now.

im sorry sir but i have not been informed that your car was done (the tech was bringing it in as we were standing there) and i would be glad to help you but all of these other people were here in line first, (including the same lady who i had helped first who was also patiently waiting cause her car was also finished)

he huffs off and gets to the back of the very very long line angry that again i wouldnt serve him before the others who had odviously been there before him.

i had customers ask me what was up with him, i say well i guess he was upset that he was not here first, and that i wouldnt take him before anyone else but in the order that every one came in.
    "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

You have my sympathies. I see people do this at our shop all the time. The worst ones are the people who bang on the door before we open. Yeah, that'll get ya in here.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

they arent that bad, and the ones who were waiting were great,

whats a bummer is that the internet says that we open at 8am for our particular shop, whats worse is that the yellow pages and information are given the shop number as the stores main number, and people get mad because they get the autoshop. or confused that a girl answers the phone in the shop, all day long im saying this IS the autocenter
      "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
        or confused that a girl answers the phone in the shop,
        A GIRL?!?!

But you can't possibly know anything about cars!!!
        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
          A GIRL?!?!

But you can't possibly know anything about cars!!!
          But I've had to deal with a lot of tools!
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

lol yah apparently i dont know anything about cars or tools, even though i have also met a few lol.

we hired a female mechainc today, she looked at me like i was a total freak. i asked what part of the shop she would be working, in the back she says, then i tell her i use to be a tech years ago before my leg got too bad, she again looked at me like i was a freak.

even the girls think im werid.

Comment

Oldest kid, no brothers, dad was a mechanic who ended up owning a Chevron station. I was much happier helping him out in the garage than helping mom in the kitchen. I'd still rather be trying to fix a sink than clean it.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

me too, my dad and i built my first car, i always helped him in the garage, i knew how to use all of his tools, we were always doing something out side, at least before i hurt my leg.

Comment

Working...
                X