This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ozcatbug View Post
    No one understands that I want a phone to just be a phone. I have a GPS, so I don't need that in my phone. I have a laptop if I want to get online, and there is nothing crucial that I need to get online at every minute of the day. If I want to read a book, I have my e-reader. My e-reader doesn't play music or videos. Or I could pick up something out of the bookcase, you know a book. My mp3 player plays music (or it did, I have to replace it as it died )

Plus I charge my phone once a week or two. Not every night like everyone else. Those extra functions really blow the battery life.
    Hear hear. I have an mp3 player; I don't need my phone to be one (except for the one month this summer where I was between players because I'd lost my original one in Vegas, but I managed). I look up addresses on Google Maps before heading out, so I have yet to find myself in need of a GPS. I don't need to waste my own time while out and about playing games, and have game consoles and a desktop computer at home to fill that void there. I have a decent camera, so my phone only fills in when the camera is unavailable. If I want to read a book, I carry an actual book around with me. While it would be nice to have internet access while out and about, I have plans to eventually get a tablet anyway, as I have other uses I could put it to as well, so again, don't need my phone for that.

And yeah, I can get by with only charging my phone once a week.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I actually use a LOT of the features on my phone... I use the GPS and maps feature a lot, I use it as an audiobook player (you have to use a smart phone to get the free audiobooks from the library, they are managed by an app to auto-delete them when your check out time is up), I love to play games on my phone while I'm on break or if I'm going into downtown waiting for the bus/on the bus, and I have saved all my chargers from past phones and have made a point of always getting phones with the same style charger so I have plenty of spares (don't have to worry about it running dead at work, I have a charger just for work, have a charger for home, have a charger for the car, and an additional spare charger just because... that is planning). The thing is, I actually was smart enough to do my research and find out that a $99 phone has the capability to do all that and that I don't need to spend $600 on a phone to get all the features.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
      X