Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name is old Cymric (aka Welsh) and is pretty easy to pronounce.. if you choose to listen!

So - as a call centre operator who has gotten sick and tired of either getting completely ridiculous misinterpretations, or having to waste my time explaining it... I now use Frank.

The thing that gets to me about being Frank with people is that I still get called Ray or Craig....

I even had once when I answered normally "This is Frank", and got "Well - hello Francis".

Can you imagine how amused I was when (as I said - I work in a call centre, which has enough Indian employees anyway - is still onshore - and not outsourced to an Indian call centre)... a customer rang, I said "... this is Frank", and get "Ah, Frank - what a good Australian name". <smirk smirk>

And on the other topic, we have a few thousand accounts here. Naturally - we have a few local celebrities with accounts with us (if I ever get them, then I treat them like any other customer, like I don't even recognise them...) - and naturally, we have a few John Smith's too... the world's like that!
    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Our company directory has a Barbie Bratz, Michael Jackson, Michael Meyers, and a Fred Kruger. I can only imagine how embarrassing those names are.

I've never even thought to give a fake name when placing an order. Usually I just give my first name & last inital.

Comment

my local starbucks now only makes my order under the name Captain America, the result of a 2 week bet i had with friends, Since im there regular enough that they know me by sight, they ussually get the new girl to call out my order....childish i know but everybody in the store gets a laugh and that is a good thing isn't it

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          Thomas T. Thomas will not reveal what the middle letter stands, I even emailed him and he claims it just sands for 'T'. I beat he get bugged about that alot.
          I had a high school art teacher called J J Johnson. The Js stood for Jon Johnathan. Students usually called him Triple J after the radio station of the same name.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
            I had a manager who's name is no lie, John Smith.
            I had an uncle with that name. He said whenevr he checked into a hotel, people assumed that he was using a false name.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Whenever I call the shipping company for a pickup, I become Jim Smith. Simply because that way, they don't ask me to spell my name. I don't want to talk to those idiots any more than I need to.

Comment

I always feel sorry for those people who have the same name as people who became famous; like Nicole Brown Simpson in S. California. She had to contact her credit cards to get them re-activated, with proof that it was her & that she wasn't dead.

Or some 30 or 40-something guy named Nick Cage, who's not an actor? The list goes on.
                I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

There was both a Tom Jones and Rob(bie) Williams who worked at the cinema.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                    There was both a Tom Jones and Rob(bie) Williams who worked at the cinema.
                    That reminds me, I know a Robbie Williams. Sometimes I blog about having lunch with him, it always results in comments from people who don't know me very well asking if I can get his autograph.

Comment

Working...
                    X