This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidity and Celebrity

Woo, first post. I don't have many stories of my own, but my Mom used to work in some interesting jobs with interesting customers.

First the stupidity. My mom worked at a Weinerschnitzel some time ago. The place had a drive-though window and everything. One day someone comes up to order through the drive-thru and... pulls out a gun demanding money. The person working the window shove it shut and runs to lock all the doors. the robber just drove off and left. Kinda scary at the time, but also kinda idiotic.

Now for the celebrity.
    A few years later my mom is working at Yosemite National Park. My mom was working at one of the hotels there when guess who walks in. Seriously guess. Got it?

Michael Jackson.
    Did ya get it?
    This was back when Michael was black and in the Jackson 5. Anyways, he books a room and everyones happy and so forth. Until later when the front desk gets a call. It's Michael! Well, as some may know, he doesn't exactly speak loudly or forcefully. So in this tiny voice Michael says "There's... a spider... in my room. I want someone... to get some bug spray to kill it."

Bill, the manager of the hotel had to deal with this for about a minute after explaining to him that they couldn't kill the spider. After a while bill says "I'm sorry Mr. Jackson but this is a wildlife preserve and we are not allowed to kill anything even if it's a spider." And then slams the phone down. Michael checked out the next day.
    Words to live by:

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    Never miss a good chance to shut up.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

"But his sister did!" Eh heh, Goonies rocks.
    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth marcpork View Post
      First the stupidity. My mom worked at a Weinerschnitzel some time ago.
      mmmmmmmm....... Weinerschnitzel French Fries. I miss 'em.

Welcome aboard marcpork.

Comment

This might sound really dumb but . . . why didn't he just kill the spider himself? All it takes is a shoe
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I can't kill them myself... I have to get the boy or the boyfriend to do it LOL (I try to let them live when the boyfriend is at home, since the boy cries when he has to kill a spider.... I don't wanna, they just give me the heebiejeebies)
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth marcpork View Post
            Bill, the manager of the hotel had to deal with this for about a minute after explaining to him that they couldn't kill the spider. After a while bill says "I'm sorry Mr. Jackson but this is a wildlife preserve and we are not allowed to kill anything even if it's a spider." And then slams the phone down. Michael checked out the next day.
            Why didn't someone just go up there, catch the spider, and release it into the wild?

Not me, though. Me don't like spiders very well.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
              This might sound really dumb but . . . why didn't he just kill the spider himself? All it takes is a shoe
              This is Michael Jackson we're talking about...
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth marcpork View Post
                So in this tiny voice Michael says "There's... a spider... in my room. I want someone... to get some bug spray to kill it."
                I just started cackling, because I was imagining his voice as I read that, but the South Park version of MJ, which made it even funnier to me.
                Too bad I'm not at home where I can cackle like a nut-bag in privacy. Oh well.

I wouldn't have killed the spider either, but I would have caught it and let it go.
                I think the last time I actually killed a bug was a few summers ago. A June Bug kept dive bombing me and I was going to just let it buzz around my room until it got bored enough to leave through the window from whence it came but it was relentless in it's torture to me.
                So I caught it in a bottle and shook around in there until, I assume, I gave it brain damage.

Damn thing got on my last nerve.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                  A June Bug kept dive bombing me and I was going to just let it buzz around my room until it got bored enough to leave through the window from whence it came but it was relentless in it's torture to me.
                  June bugs are dumber than snot. Seriously. They've got to be the stupidest bug on the planet.

Some friends and I once used some June bugs as the "balls" in a game with ping pong paddles. Just light taps, and they'd usually figure out to fly away after the second or third return.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    June bugs are dumber than snot. Seriously. They've got to be the stupidest bug on the planet.

Some friends and I once used some June bugs as the "balls" in a game with ping pong paddles. Just light taps, and they'd usually figure out to fly away after the second or third return.

^-.-^
                    The stupidest bug has got to be the box elder bug. My wife and I call them "dumb bugs." They are easy to pick up and throw out. They make no effort to get away.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'm sorry, but I just cannot my mind around Captain Mikey out in the woods!

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                      I try to let them live when the boyfriend is at home, since the boy cries when he has to kill a spider.... I don't wanna, they just give me the heebiejeebies)
                      People laugh at me because I *will* run, screaming, if I see a cockroach. Spiders on the other hand, I'll just let wander. Except for the big ol' wolf spider that wandered in one night last summer. It was just a little to big to let him stay. So, I coaxed him into cup and tossed him out into the grass to wander to his (or her, I didn't look) heart's content. I like them because they eat other bugs.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      June bugs are dumber than snot. Seriously.
                      Just how dumb is snot? And how, not to mention why, do you know this?
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

For the record, the cat brushing up against my leg while I was reading this thread was NOT a pleasant experience.
                        "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Hurts, doesn't it?

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          The stupidest bug has got to be the box elder bug. My wife and I call them "dumb bugs." They are easy to pick up and throw out. They make no effort to get away.
                          Maybe they're just lazy.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            I don't know. June bugs are pretty darn stupid. They crawl into things all the time, even though they are physically unable to crawl backwards or get out.

And they'll fly into places they don't fit without a second thought.

And they like to fly into water, a lot. Only, they can neither swim, nor survive under water for any length of time at all.

They're really quite pathetic.

Did you know that June bugs hiss? I once had one of the things get caught up in my hair in the middle of the night. I woke to this weird hissing sound really close to my head and I totally flipped out.

Well, I sat up, pulling my hair out away from my head yelling, "Get it out! Get it out! It's in my hair! Get it out!" to my then-hubby. Yeah, I was a bit agitated.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My grandpa always used to tell me about the time he had a June Bug get stuck between his glasses and his eye. (My Grandpa's glasses, not the June Bug's)

Comment

Working...
                              X