This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
    I think we need Jay 2K to do a alcoholic reboot on Seraph, STAT.
    Once again, I grin because a two-off joke that I did is still remembered and linked to me. I am Jay 2K, CS.com Meme Generator.

Anyway, let's help our poor benighted Enemy of Normalcy out, shall we?

Code:
    #include <booze.h>
    #include <sanity.h>
    Give her a reboot and let's see if that compiles properly.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Just give him a refund minus the "Stupid Tax". $50 plus your standard rate for the time spent dealing with him ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Once again, I grin because a two-off joke that I did is still remembered and linked to me. I am Jay 2K, CS.com Meme Generator.
        I remember it because you did it to me I think I was the first person you did it to. I saw you repeat it once so now I will always call for alcoholic reboots when the need arises!
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I think "wut" just about covers it.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            There won't be any fireworks. This guy won't get the real domain owner upset.
            He might not get Real Domain Owner upset, but the instant the guy "newp" the dillweed will be upset. That's what I wanna see.

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
            Hey, we have people breaking into houses, changing the locks and then claiming the house is theirs; why should domains be any different? 9_9
            ...Peo...de..... WAT.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Refund and dump him STAT. Even if he buys the domain or comes up with another one, he's FAR more trouble than he can possibly be worth.

Technical cluelessness you can deal with, but the attitude he's already displayed indicates a load of issues for any who dare take his money.
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                Raise your hand if you wanna see the fireworks when SC contacts DomainOwnerInCanada!

*Waves wildly*
                Oh yeah. Even if there aren't any actual fireworks, I'd love to have access to both sides of that conversation ...

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  ...Peo...de..... WAT.
                  *re taking over houses, changing locks and claiming it as theirs*

It's called adverse possession. It is actually a legal way to get a house. The rules vary by state.

Basically in all states you have move in and live full time on the property. You have to live there "openly", meaning it has to be blatantly obvious you are living there: you get your mail there, you have utilities in your name there, and so on.

If you can pull this off for a specific period of time, you can get a deed issued to you in your name and the property becomes legally yours. The time period varies: a year or two in most states, up to 7 in Texas.

At any time during this period, the owner can come along and order you off the property, and you have to leave at once. If you have improved the property, you lose your investment; the owner is not obligated to compensate you for money you spend on a house that does not belong to you. If you fail to do this, the cops can arrest you for trespassing.

It's a high bar, but a lot of people pull it off. There was a guy in Watsonville CA who owned a house that was falling apart, and did nothing about the property. Someone moved into it, fixed it up, lived there the required amount of time, and was granted a deed and ownership of the property without paying a cent for it.

The previous owner, meanwhile, had been living in a run down trailer nearby IIRC.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people take over some bank owned houses this way in states where adverse possession has a short time limit, given that the banks can't keep up with the glut of foreclosed homes.

Domain names don't work quite the same way. You can "own" one, but it's really more like rent. Quit paying rent, and the name goes up for grabs. Until then, the domain host will only let the registered owner make updates to it. But if you give out the password willy nilly and don't keep track of it, or change it regularly, you could theoretically lose control of the domain to squatters.
                  Last edited by Sapphire Silk; 01-02-2013, 10:38 PM.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Let's identify the different ways this SC Sucks.

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    SC: Hi, I placed an order a long time ago and my template is still not installed. What is going on, do I need to file a refund?
                    #1) Customer Standard Time

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    Seraph: ...but most of all, your domain isn't pointing to your website. That needs to be fixed before anything can occur.

SC: How do I point the website to the domain?
                    #2) Not paying attention

Quoth Seraph View Post

Seraph: No, no, it's backwards, you need to point the domain to the website. I see that you're running <Script>, so you'll need to point it to the specific nameservers they gave you.

SC: Well, how do I do that?
                    #3) Technology illiterate trying to use technology.

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    Seraph: You will need to log in to your account that your domain is at, and change it from your dashboard.

SC: Well you need to tell me how
                    #4) Demanding assistance without providing necessary information

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    SC: I didn't use a registrar, I didn't buy a domain
                    #5) Unintentionally revealing truth

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    SC: I bought <Script>, it comes with a free domain. Tell me how to point it to my script.

Seraph: No, that script does not include a free domain, in fact it says that in big red letters on their website.
                    See #2

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    SC: Never mind, I was confused, yes I own the domain.
                    #6) Outright lie

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    Seraph: Oh, ok, well then just log in to your registrar's website and point it...

SC: I don't have a registrar.

Seraph: That's simply not possible.
                    See #3

Quoth Seraph View Post

SC: Well I want it now, and I named my website that name, so it is now mine. I own it.
                    #7) It's Mine 'Cause I Want It

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    SC: I can't afford to buy it. He needs to give it to me now, I need it for my website

SC: But I already stated that this is my website's name! he needs to point his domain to my site, now!

SC: Ok, I'm going to email him and tell him he needs to point his domain to my site
                    #8) Standard Entitlement Whore

Seriously, Seraph, screw the "few days". Refund him now, and tell him you have determined that he is too stupid to keep as a client.

I mean, is dealing with this guy again worth the price of a pre-made?

SC
                    Last edited by BroSCFischer; 01-02-2013, 10:41 PM.
                    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                      Seriously, Seraph, screw the "few days". Refund him now, and tell him you have determined that he is too stupid to keep as a client.

I mean, is dealing with this guy again worth the price of a pre-made?
                      Not just the price of the pre-made, but the cost to patience and sanity, the latter of which, let's face it, Seraph is usually in short supply.

Because if it weren't for that, the cost of the pre-made would absolutely be worth it for entertainment value as this guy gets told to pound sand so fast his tiny little head would spin.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Seraph - PLEASE e-mail the domain owner and request a copy of the transcripts between him and the idiot. We gotta see that. Or...at least warn him, as that kind of idiot would probably claim you said it was okay.

Comment

Quoth Zapper View Post
                          Seraph - PLEASE e-mail the domain owner and request a copy of the transcripts between him and the idiot.
                          Seconded! And send him a transcript of your conversation with him too. I'm sure he'll be amused.

Comment

Awwwwww, SC found a loophole. He found a TLD (domain ending) that the guy hadn't bought yet. So he bought it, and sent me the details. Le sigh.

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                            Seraph you might want to add a disclaimer to your sales agreement: It is Buyer's Responsibility to provide domain information for installation. Failure to provide this information will result in purchase becoming non-refundable.
                            Alllllready have one.
                            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Oh god, it's only two days into the new year and already we have a contender for Stupidest Customerof the Year. The rest of the competition is gonna have to try real hard to beat this guy!
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                                Oh god, it's only two days into the new year and already we have a contender for Stupidest Customerof the Year. The rest of the competition is gonna have to try real hard to beat this guy!
                                This is Seraph we're talking about.

If we know anything, it's that her customers will sink to the occasion.

Comment

Working...
                                X