This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ingress players?

Just curious if there are any Ingress players on CS, or if anyone might like to give it a shot.

As the wiki page says, it's an Augmented Reality game; basically a variant of Capture the Flag. It is ONLY available for Android devices.

When you start playing you pick a side, either the Enlightement (Green) or the Resistance (Blue). You then walk around, looking for portals where you are. You can hack portals for gear, capture portals with resonators, destroy enemy portals with bursters, etc... And if you see something interesting in your area, you can take a picture of it and submit it as a possible new portal (Statues, Churches, Parks, named buildings; anything with a memorial plaque are pretty much shoo-ins to become new portals. Takes about 3 weeks to be accepted/rejected).

I've been playing for about 3 months now, and while I haven't gotten into some of the big 'wars' that sometime happen (when one side wipes out another in a region, or tries to at least; my area's pretty calm for the most part), it's been fun so far. And a great excuse to get outside and walk around for a few hours (until my cellphone dies)

This is the Intel map of my city. It shows who controls what portals, what fields have been made (a field is formed when 3 portals are linked together)

So anyone playing? Anyone have any fun experiences with it htey want to share? Anyone want an invite? (Send me a PM, I've got 8 invites at least available. )
Working...
X