Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Ben Starr a lot, especially because he insisted on wearing crazy, goofy chef hats. I am rather well known for wearing crazy, goofy hats in general. And my love of cooking. You can see why I liked that guy!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I can confirm that his self-published cookbook is worth having, for the recipe for Pumpkin Gingerbread Pancakes alone, not to mention the Basil Ice Cream. It's a great book, very conversational.
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Yes, cheese goes great on apple pie, but you melt it on AFTER you've baked the pie.
        Try an apple pie with cheddar crust sometime. Yup, extra sharp cheddar, grated fine and then mixed right in with the other ingredients when you make the crust. There's a recipe on epicurious, that I use. I know you don't bake, but if you know anyone in Key West that does, get them to make this for you sometime.
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

But isn't that pretty much what the dude who got tossed from Master Chef in the apple pie pressure test tried? And that the judges derided as insane?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            But isn't that pretty much what the dude who got tossed from Master Chef in the apple pie pressure test tried? And that the judges derided as insane?
            Nope. He scattered a rather hefty layer of shredded cheese all over the very top of the pie before putting it in the oven and, when he took it out and let it cool, it hardened into a crunchy shell.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA Tali is GONE! And totally delusional to the end! He actually thinks he's some kind of culinary genius who the chefs just don't understand!

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking, and almost posted last night, but was just too damn tired to bother. Ryan was arrogant, sure, but he at least had some serious talents. Tali is not arrogant, he is downright delusional, and is actually not all that good, and has been lucky that he got as far as he did. I mean, it's one thing to boast that he is better than all the other contestants, but to sit there and claim that chefs of the caliber of the three judges just don't recognize his genius is utter madness. Hey, Tali...try seasoning your food, pal. Or maybe cooking it right. Or, I don't know, getting flavors that actually match up well.

I am no expert in fish-butchery, I am slower than fuck in my prep, and I am not as creative as most of the contestants you see on this or any other cooking competition show. But I guarantee you that, if given the same fish and the same amount of time, I would have blown Tali's dish out of the water. (Well, assuming I got all the prep done in time. LOL!) It might have been a bit sloppy in presentation, my knife skills are not top notch, but cooking fish? I would destroy that little nutcase.

David Martinez dodged a bullet. At the rate he's going, he'll be next.

And while I do like Felix, BOY did her strategy seriously backfire!

Loving me some Monti!

Still A Customer."

Comment

I am so thrilled Christine and Monti are still there! They're my favorites this season, thus far. None of the guys are really shining, to me. Frank has potential, but he's not showing a clear personality.

I cannot stand Becky's arrogance, and kind of hope she crashes and burns. And SOON.

Man, WHY is baseball on tonight!?!?! I want to watch MasterChef!!! So sad...

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    mean, it's one thing to boast that he is better than all the other contestants, but to sit there and claim that chefs of the caliber of the three judges just don't recognize his genius is utter madness.
                    I hear Tali's exact words quite often on cooking shows and any kind of competition like that in general. It tends to translate in my head as 'I'm a pretentious d-bag and now I'm going to pout because no one fell for my bullshit.'

So glad to see Tali gone. Now if only they could get rid of David. Not too crazy about Becky either. Especially after seeing her reaction to not being in the Top 3.
                    Last edited by firecat88; 07-11-2012, 01:23 AM.
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I hear Tali's words a lot, too, but usually when I hear them, they are backed up by a LOT more talent and potential than he has shown in WEEKS.

And RARELY do you hear such delusional nonsense aimed at the judges about how "they just couldn't see my genius." Some of the biggest douchebags I've seen on cooking shows, even if they left on a douchebag note, were not that douchey or delusional.

Or, for that matter, talentless.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Hey, did you guys know that Walmart has the best steaks that are gold-plated and their packaging is made of diamond-studded diamonds?

Seriously, the product placement and namedropping is out of control on this show lately.

Also, *Spoiler*I'm very torn on Frank's decision to take the immunity for himself. On the one hand, I think it was kind of a jerk move to say that he'd give it to Josh and then change his mind and take it for himself. On the other, wasn't Josh the one who said just a few episodes ago that, even if he had any rice to give to David, he wouldn't have shared it? So why is he getting so pissy about Frank not doing the honorable thing?*/Spoiler*
                        Last edited by firecat88; 08-15-2012, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Firecat: I completely agree with what you said in your spoilers segment. I have to say, my respect dropped down a notch or two for what was my favorite male competitor, largely because of the previous event mentioned. If he was willing to give David rice, why not do the honorable thing here?

So glad that Christine and Monti are still there. Still not liking Becky. There's this false sweetness about her. Sure, she's knowledgeable, and I won't argue, she DOES have talent. But Joe told her in a previous episode that you're a leader/teammate in the good as well as the bad, and I don't think that's sunk in for her. She's still coming off as entitled, overconfident, and I just don't LIKE her. Monti may be quirky and not think before she speaks, but she's genuine, at least. So is Christine. I really hope Monti or Christine win. They're my favorites thus far. And Christine is just so effin' AMAZING, that she's come this far, it's mind boggling!

Comment

Firecat,

Here's why it was a jerk move:

*spoiler* If you're gonna take the immunity for yourself, do it. I have no problem with that. But if you're gonna sit there and say that IF you had it, you'd give it to Josh, and then are given it, and THEN say you're taking it for yourself? You're an ass. Be honest. Frank wasn't honest. He said the "right" thing when asked "what if?", but then when he was actually given the chance to do what he said or be a weasel, he was a weasel. Dude. Really? Just man up and say when they ask you, "I love what Josh did, but I'd be foolish not to take the immunity myself, so I would." Seriously punk move, and now he has Josh gunning for him. That could be dangerous. *spoiler*

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Firecat,

Here's why it was a jerk move:
                              Put into that perspective, I completely agree. Why should his decision change just because the hypothetical became an actual scenario? *Spoiler*I almost wish that, once he'd said that he would give the immunity to Josh, the judges would have said 'Alright, then. Josh, you're safe from the elimination.*/Spoiler*

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

And now I'm rooting for Christine!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X