This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Dad

Hi all! No truly suckarrific customers lately, so I thought I'd share an old tale from my high school days at McDonald's.

My official job title was "Play Place Attendant". The Play Place was attached to the restaurant...one of those giant plastic, neon colored maze thingys, complete with climbing nets and ball pits...you get the idea. My job was to stand around and watch the kids for eight hours at a stretch. Sometimes I got to clean up too, as Happy Meals and wild physical activity don't often mix well.

Anyway, shortly after the PlayPlace was closed one Sunday night (around 9PM), this guy shows up with a little boy in tow, and begins hammering on the door.

M: me
    S: Sucky dad
    B: little boy
    italics: my thoughts

M: I'm sorry sir, the play place is closed. The dining room is still open for another hour, though.

S: WHAT? Come on. I just drove all the way from New Hampshire to get here! Let me in.
    Um? What? New Hampshire is over an hour and a half away. Surely there are McD'S closer to your house?
    M: I'm sorry, but I can't.
    S: Come ON! I promised him. You don't want to let my son down, do you?
    Oh hell, don't guilt trip me! We've been open since 9AM.
    B: It's OK, Dad, I have school tomorrow.
    M: Sir, I'm sorry. I really can't.
    S: This is bullsh*t! You people are ridiculous!
    Grabbed his son and stormed off.

Great parenting, dad. Poor planning, broken promises, and a terrible example of how to act in public for your child. The kid seemed to have more class than the dad.

First memorable SC experience...but by no means the last
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

Poor son.

I hope he doesn't take after his dad.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth spookysonata View Post
      B: It's OK, Dad, I have school tomorrow.
      The kid may turn out all right. He seems to have some sense.
      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Sounds like the kid was used to his Dad acting this way.

I've seen some strange parents in the Play Place. My own son stopped wanting to go in there when he was 4 not because of the kids, but because of the weird parents.
        "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
        George Carlin

Comment

Working...
        X