Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just reading this thread--reminded me of the time I got asked my name because a customer was pissed. Of course I wear a nametag, and of course a customer can't be asked to read it, even under that circumstance.

But maybe next time I will answer "Mrs. Randall," or "Mrs. Tremblay" (either works for me). I never used to like the Mrs. title, but in this circumstance, doesn't it let the customer know--especially a WWII-era customer--that you're someone to respect?

Maybe? I dunno. Just a thought.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
      But maybe next time I will answer "Mrs. Randall," or "Mrs. Tremblay" (either works for me). I never used to like the Mrs. title, but in this circumstance, doesn't it let the customer know--especially a WWII-era customer--that you're someone to respect?

Maybe? I dunno. Just a thought.
      One of the theaters I serviced did that (those were the names on the managers name tags). It was unusual, and took a bit of getting used to, but it's not a bad idea.

Comment

We have to show our name badges to anyone who requests them since we are government workers.

Comment

at my store, we are required to say our first name when answering the phone- my full name is on the door along with the store hours (which, to my "shock" no one reads. we have new name badges that have our first and last name onthem which i have a problem with- some of my customers are very mental and i have pissed many off over the years over acts of shoplifting or alcohol problems- people do not need to lnow my full name they might be smart enough to look me up in the phone book

Comment

Working...
          X