X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S----y Incidences

Hello,

I worked at Subway for over a year in a mall in Minnesota, and I like Minnesota. I like to think that Minnesotans are intelligent and friendly, but then you work fast food. Here are a few incidences that occured during my tenure as a 'Sandwich Artist'. (how I hate that title)

1: A Penny's employee punched my boss over the bain because her bread was stale in her opinion.

2: Hoards of high school students swarming the food court fifteen minutes before we close and ordering a total of ten foot-long sandwiches.

3: The man who found the god coupon that dows not say "limit one per customer" and comes using multiples to order three foot-long pastramis for the price of three six-inches or more.

4: The man who verbally assaulted me because his child's roll was dry at nine-thirty at night for fifteen minutes. (luckily his child was not there to here it.)

5: The man who comes during the lunch rush, orders one sandwich, gets to the register and say, "and I would like another foot-long."

6: Wiggers, all of them. High-school idgits acting hardcore.

7: Fat people who see S----y as healthy when they order a foot-long pastrami. (Note: the only heatlthy subs at S----y are veggie, turkey, ham, and roast beef and that is if you do not add mayo or any other sauce. All of the sauces are oil slicks.)

8: Anyone who orders a 'mayo-sandwich'. (for those who have not seen one, it is a regular sandwich drowned in about twelve or more passes of mayo, at their request, it is quite disturbing)

9: Christmas shopper wenches: it is never fast enough for them, the line can be thirty or more people long with us making sandwiches to order and they way to be through the line in under two-minutes.

10: The Fanta-lovers: we do not have Fanta, we have never had Fanta, Fanta is not o our list of drinks that you can read; however, they berate us for not carrying it.

11: Bread-Loyalists: Those who find a world of difference between italian and monterey cheddar bread or honey-oat and wheat and cannot stand to switch their bread choice without a good long rant. At lunch no less.

These are only a few and they may have been listed in another thread. If so, my apologies.

Signed,

Subway

Whenever I go to Subway I always order an italian with lettuce, tomato, pickles & oregano. Yum! Yum!

Comment

bright_star i get the same thing

Comment

I always get turkey with cheddar cheese and a little mayo. I know it's not as healthy as possible, but better for me than McDonalds or BK.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Whoa there - pace yourself! Every one of those points deserves its own thread, if you ask me.

Specifically, I'd like to hear the whole story behind numbers 1 and 4.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

you forgot the chicken breast sub. that's healthy too. back when i was on weight watchers a chicken breast sub with no cheese or oils added and lots of veggies... 6 points. not bad for a sammich.

and even when they order the pastrami it's prolly healthier than a greaseburger

Comment

I order the Cold-Cut Trio. Always a foot long so that I can have half of it one night, and the other half for lunch or dinner. Like Blas mentioned. It is better than McDonalds and BK
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

6" Subway club = 296 calories 5g fat
                1 white macadamia nut cookie = 221 calories 11g fat
                Nestea iced tea = 63 calories

My favorite Subway trio = 580 calories 16g fat

Not bad, not bad.
                Of course I couldn't find the nutrition info for the Sweet Onion sauce I love so much, but whatevs.

Edit:
                Good god, I just calculated the Weight Watchers points for that lunch.
                It'd be 12 points.
                That's more than half the amount of points I'd be allowed in a day.
                Damn that cookie! <shakes fist>
                Last edited by CiggyStoreClerk; 03-10-2008, 01:17 AM.

Comment

A Subway employee once looked like she was going to hug me when I told her it was ok they were out of whole wheat bread.
                  We talked while she was making my sub and she told me how some guy had just reamed her out for not having any.
                  Anyone who thinks the type of bread they're getting is THAT big a deal seriously needs a life.

Comment

Anyone who thinks the type of bread they're getting is THAT big a deal seriously needs a life.
                    I must need a life. Some of the bread Subway sells is horrid. I won't eat their whole wheat.

On the other hand, if that's all they have, I'll just politely decline and leave. No need to ream out the workers (although, often, I suspect it IS their fault for not baking enough bread).
                    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I have one in my building its always fustrating to see the same people there everyday for the past six months and yet they act like its their first time there and dont know whats what. Come one they had the same kind of cheese yesterday stop acting like its a life or death situation. Provolon or MJ damnit!

Comment

Hmmm, Subway isn't bad, but to a degree the have it your way drives me nuts, after all, ifn you're going to run a special, wouldn't you train your 'artists' to make it the standard way? Also it never seems like I get much for my money, I much prefer Quiznos or better still, Togos ifn you're lucky enough to have one in your area. Mr Goodcents is also quite good.
                        Seph
                        Taur10
                        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
                          ...if you're going to run a special, wouldn't you train your 'artists' to make it the standard way? Also it never seems like I get much for my money...
                          There used to be one lady who worked at my neighbourhood Subway who was crazy about toppings, but in a way that benefited me.
                          She would put extra EVERYTHING on and leave the sandwich just bursting with goodness. One day she could barely keep the thing closed it was so full.
                          I loved her. I miss her.

And IMO Quizno's is a pile of
                          I'm usually alone in that opinion but I just find it gross.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                            And IMO Quizno's is a pile of
                            I'm usually alone in that opinion but I just find it gross.
                            *joins rerant* just, ew.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I can't stand Quiznos either....
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X