Clear All

"Not enough for that personality transplant you so desperately need, Sir."
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I am reminded of the story of a United airlines agent who was dealing with unhappy customers after a UAL flight had been delayed. When her unhappiest camper arrived at UAL agent's kiosk he was given the available options as a UAL traveler. He was said to have uttered these words know to warm the hearts of employees everywhere "Do you know who I am?" Being the quick think that she was, UAL employee grabbed the intercom and announced "Attention ladies and gentlemen, I have a passenger who doesn't know who he is. If you recognize him, please let us know."

The now enraged passenger yelled "FUCK YOU!" The UAL agent smiled sweetly and said "You'll have to get in line for that too."

Probably an urban legend, but I love it just the same.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        "do you have any idea how much money I make??"
        Oh I used to love this one. I got this all the time when working at gas stations. Here were my favorite ways to respond...

1. "Enough to know better than to tell everyone in line in a bad neighborhood?"

2. 1000 mile stare.

3. "The amount one makes is not equivalent to maturity, apparently."

4. "Enough to give me a tip?" *Wide grin and holds hand out*

5. "Are you going to start complaining about that, too?"

You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
          Expanding on that: "Perhaps I could call your mother or your wife for you. I'm sure they would know."
          That one's begging for a slight change - "I'm sure she would know". I'm sure the SCs wouldn't have the intelligence to twig to what you're implying.

Or you could take it literally - "I'm sure the Secret Service would like to know, since the U.S. Treasury doesn't like competition"
          Last edited by wolfie; 03-22-2008, 08:32 PM. Reason: Thought of another zinger
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

When I was on the phones, I used to get the money card thrown at me every now and again.

The owner of the company was worth 2 billion dollars American (that's right, billion). I met him a few times and found him extremely likable. I was not easily impressed by customers who thought they were rich.
            Last edited by TNT; 03-22-2008, 08:50 PM.
            I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

"Do you know how much money I make?"

"If you think that you can make up for your lack of decency with earning power, then apparently it's not enough!"
              Know why it's called the American "Dream"? 'Cause you have to be asleep to believe it! --George Carlin

Comment

"Do you know how much money I make? Not enough to have to put up with people like you!"

Comment

"Police? I've discovered that one of my clients is a counterfeiter!"

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                    1. "Enough to know better than to tell everyone in line in a bad neighborhood?"

<snip>
                    5. "Are you going to start complaining about that, too?"
                    Very good, very good!
                    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

When I was in residential alarm service I used to deal with "Rich Bastards" all the time. They'd argue over the slightest thing, ALWAYS ask for a discount, and always assumed claimed SCREAMED you were cheating them. After a few years of constant bad treatment I started thinking that getting above a certain tax bracket you lost your mind and underwent a Grinch-like transformation. "His heart shrank three sizes the day his portfolio matured.."

Imagine my surprise when I met up with an actual NICEGUY rich person. It took me years to figure out that there are just some people who are nasty, reguardles of how much money they have. One day I found the tell-tale sign of a Rich Bastard... in their bathroom!

$5,000 fixtures? Check! Granite countertops? Check! Custome made Italian wallpaper? Checkaroonie! Bargain basement bulk BROWN TOILET PAPER??! Ding ding ding ding!!!

Comment

from what i've discovered, the ones pulling that phrase "do you know how much money i make?" is usually trying to get a discount...

"do you know how much money i make?"

"can't be much, since you're arguing the price on a $5 meal"
                        Rawr

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
                          $5,000 fixtures? Check! Granite countertops? Check! Custome made Italian wallpaper? Checkaroonie! Bargain basement bulk BROWN TOILET PAPER??! Ding ding ding ding!!!
                          It could be that the person was using brown toilet paper for the environmental/health aspect. White stuff is full of bleach and can cause reactions.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

No.. it was just cheapness. They had a $20,000 chandeleer... And when they found out what bulbs for it cost?? Well Christmas lights USED to be much bigger..

Comment

"Since your Agruing over the price of a five cent candy i'd guess less than minimum wage?"

Comment

I got to see someone put a lawyer in his place not long ago. His speech about how much he made lost some of his zing when he was seen getting into a Geo Metro (i.e., if you're a lawyer worth so much, you can't afford a better car than that?) outside his office one afternoon. And yes, plenty of people called him on it
                                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                                X