This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth calulu View Post

Sort of reminds me of the time I was innocently standing in line in Wal Mart and there was a redneck momma and grandma in line behind me with several whiny kids. The ten year old kept telling his momma that he felt bad and she kept ignoring him. He then proceeded to projectile vomit all over my lower legs and shoes. I was puke slimed from knees to toes.
    My sister got puke-slimed like that in kindergarten, when a fellow student threw up on her back.

Now to the subject of this thread--I would refuse to clean the poop if I were not working the job that required it that day (I wear several different hats at work--one of them says "Cart Pusher/Furniture Delivery/Puke and Poo Mopper")
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If you hadn't mentioned that you were allergic to latex, I would be less adamant in my opinion that No, you shouldn't have. Personally, I think the manager should have done it. If I were the manager, I would never expect an employee to clean up a mess I was unwilling to do myself, if it was not in their job description. (That said, I would not be above bribery to get someone else to do it, assuming it was not a serious hazard. I have on occasion seen an employee allowed to go home an hour early with pay for cleaning up disgustingness in the bathroom. I would so be the manager to offer that.) Though wuss-boy should have manned up and done his damn job!

But, considering the fact that you are allergic to latex and that was apparently the only kind of gloves available, the manager should definitely not have made allowed you to clean it (assuming you have informed him/her that you are allergic).
      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 03-25-2008, 02:04 AM. Reason: complete sentences! and an afterthought
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Sooooooooooooooo...the guy who's job description included this type of thing refused to do his job.

You did it, instead.

Dude should've gotten a reprimand, at least, and the manager should've cleaned it.

All my opinion, of course.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You should NEVER EVER EVER be required to put yourself in danger by dealing with something that you are allergic to. As someone stated before, you never know when/if you will have a more serious reaction.
          ~Rhania

Comment

If it's someone's job to clean up around the store, than it should've been done by that employee. That being said, I used to work as a PCA, so cleaning up human excrement was part of my job description

Comment

that is feral.
              if that was me i would of chased after the guy and said hey you forgot something,

or do what they do with dogs - rub the brats face in it and say 'bad dog'

Comment

Ahem. Children are notorious for having less capacity in toilet matters than adults. Accidents happen. The question was whether or not the OP should have cleaned up the mess, not whether or not the child is a brat or what should be done about the customer etc.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                  Latex allergy (like a lot of others) builds, you start with small reactions but the more reactions you get the more severe they get over time.

DO NOT WEAR LATEX

my level 5 latex allergy wishes I had known that
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

If you hadn't had a latex allergy, I would have said either way. Y'all need to keep this particular lane open at all times, and the longer the two of you argued the longer your regulations were being violated. In that situation, I would have cleaned up the poop while exasperatedly mocking the janitor and then later bitched about it to my manager. But I'm not allergic to latex. There is no way your management or your coworkers should have pressured you into that.
                    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X