Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Dumb parents
Old 07-13-2006, 06:11 AM
Writer

Default Dumb parents

The only thing I like about my parking lot job is being a cashier because I meet a lot of cute girls. One day, I worked a Gwen Stefani concert the Black Eyed Peas were the opener; most of the crowd was not what I expected (Women dressed like hookers). I have a problem with that type of music but I just ignored it because the fanbase was 15-23 year old girls. I was wrong that day. A vehicle drives up in my lane, I greet the driver; it is a mom with her two daughters one is 17 the other is 5 or 6 years old. The 17 year old and her sister is singing along to the song My Humps. I was shocked that I almost yelled at the mom for being a dumb and bad parent for letting her little kid listen to that crap. Add this up with the fact that I had to hear that song over and over from cars along with the people whining about the price for parking and I nearly lost it.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Bagger

what did they do wrong/ thats like saying that kids shouldn't watch music shows because women don't wear enough clothes or that schools chouldn't perform grease as it contains words like pussy.

It's a song, kids and adults like it for different reasons. Shrek 2 had a drugs based skit, does that mean that kids shouldn't watch it?

Old 07-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Bagger

I like the beat of some very insulting songs, so I'll sing and dance to it, doesn't mean I like what the words are... or the singer/group...

i.e. I'll listen to Marilyn Mansons "drugs like me" song, but I'm not going to go do drugs (only chocolate lol)...

just because they are singing to that song does NOT make her a bad parent, and its silly to judge a mother by that ONE moment with that one song.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Gypsy Moth

Not to be contrary (well, no more than usual ) - and I'm not a big fan of the Black Eyed Peas or that style of music, but... the lyrics to "My Humps" are actually fairly positive for girls, the singer is talking about being proud to have a little curve to her swerve, so to speak, and the "humps" are her bum, her *ahem* chestal area, the parts that often stick out on a woman (like humps on a camel, presumably). So in that respect it's better than some song about, say, why it's so great to look like a runway model or similar skeleton.

But if I had to hear it 10,784 times during my shift, I do believe I would go insane.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Noli nothis permittere te tere

Quote:
Quoth PuckishOne
her *ahem* chestal area, the parts that often stick out on a woman
HAHAHAHA Chestal area....

Old 07-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quoth Kiwi
HAHAHAHA Chestal area....
Hehehe I was on the phone while I was reading that...and nearly lost it

Old 07-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Just some guy

I like the term 'breasticles', but I would.

Rapscallion

Old 07-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Cable Rat

Me ->

Old 07-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Hot Coffee Mod

Being a Mom with a wide age expanse between my oldest and youngest kids I can tell you that it's nearly impossible to keep the two children's interests separated.

The older child is often sort of idolized by the younger child. You have to hope you taught the older child enough right from wrong to make decent decisions about what they share with their younger sibling. Obviously, they don't always make the best decision.

However, the benefits to the younger child of simply having an older sibling who is willing to spend quality time with them usually far outweighs the mistakes they might make.

And KUDOS to that Mom for actually going to the concert with the kids and being involved in what they enjoy!

~TechSmith 314
HellGate: London

Last edited by NightAngel; 07-13-2006 at 09:17 PM.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Bagger

I don't think it's fair to call someone a dumb parent just because they let their children listen to a song. Most young children don't understand what they are singing anyways, and mostly like the beat of the song. I don't think there is anything wrong with that mom at all.

Kibbles
Closed Thread