• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Bit of Planning Goes a Long Way

SC: Sucky Customer
    Me: Me
    AC: Awesome Coworker

Now a little bit of an introduction. I work at the print department of a big office supply company. I deal with corporate account printing, but because we are so severely understaffed, I occasionally am called upon to help normal customers or take orders if the order will take a while. That is what happened when this hag of an elderly lady came in.

SC: I need help.

ME: How can I help you? (already working on an order)

SC: I need these Engineering sheets copied.

Me: Let me take you to the Self Serve Engineering machine. *Gets up to show her the machine*

SC: I can't stretch my arms. You need to do it for me.

Me: Okay. I will have to take an order since no one is available to do them right now.

SC: I need them now.

Me: I am sorry, everyone is currently working on a project. I can either take an order or show you how to use the machine.

SC: *Calls over my frantically busy coworker* You there. You can help me right now right.

AC: No. I can take an order or set you up with the machine.

SC: This never used to happen. I am going to complain to the manager.

Now, see, if she had even the intelligence of a snail, she might have understood that everyone was busy. Calling someone else just makes people really testy, and maybe I will just have to push the time I was going to quote until tomorrow. Sad, I know, but I think I will be just fine.

While a little bit of planning goes a long way, a Louisville Slugger gives instant gratification.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      While a little bit of planning goes a long way, a Louisville Slugger gives instant gratification.
      And we all know, you're all about the instant gratification, aren't ya?

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think she was more in need of a Clue-yville Slugger!

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

Working...
        X