This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death to in-store TV ads!

I really have to wonder what corporate is thinking when they decided to install a large number of flat screen, picture frame-sized TVs in the store and program them to play the same series of 2 or 3 ads over and over and over . . . and freaking OVER 24 hours a day. I can be an easily irritated person about odd things. I thought it was just me who was being driven absolutely insane from hearing the damn Old Spice whistle approximately every 2 minutes or so. Then my friends in other departments started moaning about it; apparently it plays on the set hanging from the ceiling between meat and produce. This week, I was transferred to a permanent position in the pharmacy, located right by health and beauty aids, and there's a set that plays nothing BUT Old Spice ads. I must hear that @$%&*#! whistle several hundred times during each shift. And for some reason, be it idiocy or hypnotic, ad-driven compulsion, some customers take to whistling the tune as they browse the store.

I hardly think most people look twice at all the stupid devices blaring ads at them while they're here, so I fail to see the point. I love the Old Spice ads, I really do ("I'm on a HORSE!"), but I'm ready to commit murder over the damn jingle.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

WE have that at our Wallyworld - there is a TV hanging from the ceiling over EVERY SINGLE CASH REGISTER - and it plays the same 3-4 ads. I think its increidbly stupid, and it doesn't give me any desire to purchase whatever they're advertising. I think it is an incredible waste of money.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
      I hardly think most people look twice at all the stupid devices blaring ads at them while they're here, so I fail to see the point. I love the Old Spice ads, I really do ("I'm on a HORSE!"), but I'm ready to commit murder over the damn jingle.
      Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
      WE have that at our Wallyworld - there is a TV hanging from the ceiling over EVERY SINGLE CASH REGISTER - and it plays the same 3-4 ads. I think its increidbly stupid, and it doesn't give me any desire to purchase whatever they're advertising. I think it is an incredible waste of money.
      my local WallyWorld has the same thing but with extra added TVs (about 15 to 20) down each of the main asles.

EVERY FLIPPIN time I am there I can hear the Old Spice musical jingle from ACROSS THE DAMN STORE IT GETS ANNOYING AS HELL as the volumn is cranked WAY THE HELL UP.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE
      (jingle is at the end near 27 seconds)

then laundry soap, shampoo, diapers, dog food, etc. ads bombard me from all sides.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

We used to have a stand for JML products in my old store. There were 4 adds on repeat every single day (the adds got changed one at a time every 3 months) and if you were serving on the healthcare counter, there was no escape from the repetetiveness......

I don't think I ever saw a customer stand there and watch the videos!

Comment

That would drive me crazy. I remember years ago, a store that has since closed had one playing Nat King Cole singing "Unforgettable" when the perfume of the name came out. It only played part of the song, though....over and over and over and over....

I would have killed myself if I'd had to work there listening to it all day. Nice enough song, but a line or two, again and again? Uugghgh!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
          X