Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be another vote for tell the truth. I've done some recruitment at my place and have looked at how the tests work and basically if you fail a drug test then the likelyhood that you failed but weren't actually taking the drug (ie passive inhalation etc) is pretty damn low so they likely won't believe any lies.

Best bet is to start the interview with "You probably already know I applied before and i failed due to the drug test but ..." just to get it out in the open and pre empt their questions about it.

If you have actually fully quit smoking weed and aren't likely to start again then even tell them that you would be willing to submit to random screening while you work there to prove you have really quit.
    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Plaidman, you're right of course. I've never smoked weed and I've been management. I can also count on one hand the number of times I've been completely drunk (never at work), although I'll occasionally have a nice buzz. My vice tends to run along the lines of Ben N Jerry's. Where's Lupo's cooking when you need it?

By the way, when is the potential interview?
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Tell the truth for all the reasons posted above. If I was the interviewer and heard the "residual weed" bs, the interview would be over right then. Honesty is the best way to start out.

Good luck!!

Comment

Its weed man, not crack.

I wouldnt be 100% up front, but answer honestly when they ask. Just say "I was a kid, going through a phase, realized i was too mature for that kind of life style and moved on." Quite honestly they probably hire on a pass/fail for the drug test but if you pass this time it wont be an issue.

I would NEVER suggest volunteering for regular screening. There ARE false positives. Hell, i had a buddy who took a test, and tested positive for amphetamines, even though hed never touched the stuff, thankfully they offered him a re test.

Either way...typically for a weed positive, if they are interviewing you again, its not a big deal at all man, i would relax about it, if you get all worked up it might not go well.

Comment

I've only had to drug test twice my whole life and of course passed both times cause I don't like weed and don't smoke it. My job now doesn't drug test at all.

I wouldn't volunteer the information if they don't ask for it, but if they do ask for it then be honest. And yeah smoking weed at all while job hunting and interviewing is a big mistake....just lay off the stuff.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
            X