Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There may be problems in what the outcome is but that is why people are supposed to clarify if something is looking to be misspoken.

Slices of sausages and pointing to links sounds like, to me, that she grew up with only knowing sausage as being still linked together.

But to call others dopes and to put them down for that miscommunication isn't nice nor is it fair to them.

Comment

Where I'm from, LP tanks are called... well... LP Tanks.

General uses for LP tanks are:

Gas grills (large and small), portable camping stove tops and camping lanterns. Now, more recently, LP Tanks are installed on big trucks (like the big refrigerated Schwans trucks) Picture Below and in the link. See the white tubes under the cab? That's the LP tank.
      Last edited by Evil Queen; 06-30-2008, 10:09 PM.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Why did you have to show that picture? I have been trying to hide from them for almost 2 years....now they are bound to find me....

I've always called them propane tanks as well. Gas tanks are for cars and little gas tanks are for lawn mowers. I watch King of the Hill, so the propane thing always sticks.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've had to take tanks and cylinder in to get them refilled/swapped out (I KEEP the Blue Rhino tank and have it REFILLED, the other brands I swap until I get another Blue Rhino). The little cylinder (2-4 pounds depending on what you're using it for) are the tiny green ones I use for my lantern and my camp-cooktop. The bigger (40 lbs) ones are connected to the grill on the porch, the tall cylinder (150 lbs each) are connected to the house (got three of them I have to refill every year), and the BIG gallon tank was givien to Eddie so he could use the propane I'm not using.

Other than that it's The LP.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            Why did you have to show that picture? I have been trying to hide from them for almost 2 years....now they are bound to find me....
            Send them my way, Blas, I can't get ANY of them to get their fannies to my place anymore (My Schwan's Guy was transfered and I had "words" with his sup when I got another one that only showed up ONCE).
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

They are worse than the Mary Kay women. You bought ONE thing of ice cream and they won't leave you alone!

And yes I can say that about Mary Kay because I was one of them for a while, and you guys have no idea how hard it is to get out of that cult, nor how much bullying is involved in selling makeup. I couldn't bring myself to try to force women to buy stuff. I am too friendly and take "no" for an answer. Of course, I'm sure there are great Schwanns people and Mary Kay ladies, but of course, where I live, locally they are a bunch of vultures!
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                Because I'm EVIL!
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

LOL

Nope, it's not a Sydney thing, just an idiot thing.

With the accent, are you referring to the upper class sort of accent?

Comment

I have to know what this Schwanns deal is. We don't have them here so I've never heard of them, but I wish to know more of heir cult.

Comment

Quoth Kali View Post
                      With the accent, are you referring to the upper class sort of accent?
                      I don't know, I just know that I can sometimes tell people are from Sydney because their accent is different from the Adelaide accent. (A lot of people here say we don't have an accent, but they're wrong!)

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                        I don't know, I just know that I can sometimes tell people are from Sydney because their accent is different from the Adelaide accent. (A lot of people here say we don't have an accent, but they're wrong!)
                        I never noticed! Goes to show how observant I'm not.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                          I have to know what this Schwanns deal is. We don't have them here so I've never heard of them, but I wish to know more of heir cult.
                          Schwans=basically a grocery-shopping from home service.

You get a catalog of the various items they offer and you pick out what you want, fill out the order form, and they deliver it to you.

I've seen the catalogs but never had any dealings with them, and evidently some people find them pushy. I never heard that being said about them but then again I don't use them or know anybody who does.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I use Schwans and currently have accounts in three states. (TN,, NC and NM -- I don't have an account in TX and won't bother since I'm leaving the state as soon as humanly possible))

Basically, they show up at your house once every two weeks on a certain day (for me in NM it was tuesdays, my regular day off at the time), they generally give you an updated catelog to browse and make an order. You can order anything; pizzas, ice cream, sea food dishes.

They originally started out as an Ice delivery service turned Ice Cream service (Ice cream man!) turned frozen foods. They are a little pricy, but if you figure in the time, energy and gasoline into the mix that it would normally take you to go to the store, it evens out and in some cases is even cheaper.

They have a website you can go to for more information (www.schwans.com) and a 1-800 number to call if you're interested.

But did you know, you eat "Schwans" food on a regular basis? When you're at the store next, check out the pizza isle. Red Baron and Tony's pizza? Look on the back of the box where the company info is and you'll see "Schwans" printed there with their logo. Nifty, huh?

Comment

I loooove Schwans. Mom used to order from them all the time to help fulfill my pizza/ice cream requirements. Of course, then we had one of those huge outdoor freezers to put all of the stuff in.
                              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I'd cut the guy a little slack.. What people call things can vary from block to block.

Not to mention it can get confusing. If I'm using it on a GAS grill, then I would buy a GAS bottle or a GAS tank for it. No one sells Propane grills but you need a propane tank to run it. I'm so confused.
                                Eben56
                                If ultimately you let the people that fuck you over decide your attitude then they won.

Comment

Working...
                                X