X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    "Where y'alls nintendo tapes at?"

Not making this up. Srsly.
    I was at Walmart a few days ago, and someone seriously asked a clerk in the electronics department, "Do you have any VCRs?" Gee, let me set the WABAC Machine to 1995...

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
      "Do you have the one with that guy who was in that movie last year...?"
      Yes. Yes, we do.
      Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
      It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

So do you just drive the ambulance..?
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

At H-Curtain Shop...

Do you sell curtains?
          *Floor*
          Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
          It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

One time I had a girl ask me if she could have a page of stickers... She meant stamps.
            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I had someone walk into my store yesterday and very seriously ask me if we were open.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth rapana1 View Post
                ...Do you sell curtains?
                *Floor*
                We sell Porsche Poochies... Car pets.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've had people walk into the shop as I have a laptop completely or partially dismantled in front of me and ask if I work on laptops.

"No... this is a Betamax."

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                    "No... this is a Betamax."
                    Oooo, really? Is it for sale? I need something to play my U-matics on!

Comment

Do you really make all these quilts?

Do you have any more in the back?

And my personal favorite: Why does a bigger quilt cost more then a smaller one?
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                        I was at Walmart a few days ago, and someone seriously asked a clerk in the electronics department, "Do you have any VCRs?" Gee, let me set the WABAC Machine to 1995...
                        While it's difficult to find JUST a VCR, Toshiba still produces DVD/VHS combo units. Just sayin'.

Comment

Your average thrift store should have a few VCRs.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I have like three VCR's and tons of tapes. Not sure if the VCR's still work. There's actually one near the tv right now! It's not plugged in, or connected to the tv in anyway. It's sort of visiting. and most of the tapes I have are episodes of Bob The Builder and Blue's Clues from when my oldest son and nephew were toddlers (they're 18 and 14 now..).

When I worked at the craft store, I got a call "Do you have any Wii's in stock?". "this is a craft store...?" "yeah, but do you have any Wii's in stock?", or whatever. lol
                            you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                              "Is COKE considered a Pepsi product?"
                              Only when you order it with a Whopper at McDonalds.

"How many shrimp come in those 51-60 count shrimp?"
                              Unless it's a 1 pound package, I can see the logic. The "xx-yy count" refers to the number of shrimp per pound.

"what's wild caught mean?" (It means, they go out and catch 'em rather than grow 'em on the shrimp trees...)
                              Actually, the opposite of wild caught is farmed, not grown on trees.

Quoth PastryGal View Post
                              Schrodinger shrimp!! Once it goes in the pot it's both raw and cooked! LOL
                              I'm sure the person who wants those is the kind of customer you want to beat half to death - with nobody watching to collapse the state vector. Either they're unharmed (and have no cause to complain) or dead (and can't complain).

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
                              Asked me if we had rubber address stamps. Yes, I answer, getting out the sample book, and then it all went bad.

Idiot Customer : Oh good, would you have one in stock then?
                              Me : BlinkBlink whaaaa
                              IC: One with my address?
                              Me: <with a whimper> No, the address stamps are custom made
                              Do you carry the "universal" stamp kits with the individual letters so the buyer can set it up for their own address?
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post

Actually, the opposite of wild caught is farmed, not grown on trees.
                                Well , yes. But shrimp trees are funnier than farming them. And the fact that people would believe that there are shrimp plants will never not amuse me.
                                you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Working...
                                X