Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one guy put his purchase down and leave because I saw him walk up and cut the line, and politely informed him of the end of it on the other side of the store.

Bonus points to the people who will skip the line to run up to a register I'm stopped at, but busy doing something on (like trying to reboot a frozen system). Sorry... not open! If I was, I would have called you over, or at least have been looking up. It's a major pet peeve...

Oh, and coming up to the side of my cashier on the end, and asking for something we keep behind the registers, because that's all you need? Sorry, there's a line... you don't get to cut just because you only want one thing.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Yes, please call the jerks on their bad behavior. What'll they do, beat you up? Not likely in a store full of witnesses.
      I like how this video deals with the problem.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Yes, please call the jerks on their bad behavior. What'll they do, beat you up? Not likely in a store full of witnesses.
        And if she'd slapped me, I'd have hit her back, twice as hard.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Try having to deal with, one by one, upset customers on the phone. They can't see your face so they are extra nasty and think that thier call should be answered first because none of our millions of customers might also be calling in...
          "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

I'll weigh in here, if someone cuts in front, I just say, "sorry, I believe this lady/gentleman was here before you"

Most of the time that's ok, unless they happen to be a doctor on call...

On the phone side of things, working at the mart of K, I picked up the phone, and the customer was asking me to check the shelf for stock, and I told him he'd have to wait 5-10min before I'd be able to do so as there was a queue. He went off.

"How dare you! I made the effort to call up, you will look for me"
            "Unfortunately for you, people who make the effort to come into store take priority"

Comment

First episode of 30 Rock, very first minute of the show I knew I would like it because of how Liz reacts to a line jumper. Also, I thought it was painfully realistic to show people suddenly forming two lines instead of yelling at the cell phone guy for cutting.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I once had a girl run past a queue of about ten customers, throw her money down while saying, "Pump five, gotta rush!" and then try to run out the door. She didn't succeed, cuz I was on the till next to the gadget that locks the door. I said to her, "Excuse me, you need to wait your turn. Everyone here is being patient and waiting." She picked her money up and went to the back of the line, with everyone waiting smirking at her. XD Seriously? If you're in a rush, then either come earlier to fuel up or leave it til you have more time.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                X