This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note to medical personnel

Just because a female patient is going to have an ultrasound, it does not necessarily mean that she is pregnant. Please do not assume as much.

And even if she were pregnant, referring to her as 'the one without a partner', when you're standing barely two metres away, is just plain rude.

I had a tech try to come in during my ultrasound because she "wanted to see the baby", the tech working on me took her outside and kinda laid into her...we were looking for tumors....
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Gah!

I agree. I've had torso and upper abdominal ultrasounds as well as (far too many) lower abdominal. We've been looking for tumours, fibroids, endometriosis, checking out why liver function blood tests were abnormal...

I apparently have a very pretty uterus, gorgeously accented by a perfectly placed IUD. And its never had a baby in it.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Gord knows what they think when a dude gets an ultrasound!

EDIT:
        Quoth Seshat View Post
        I apparently have a very pretty uterus, gorgeously accented by a perfectly placed IUD. And its never had a baby in it.
        oooh, hot pics?? That's awesome.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I'm living proof that beauty is not just skin deep. And that you can have body jewelry on the inside.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I was having an echocardiogram when the doc-prof teaching some sort of class in echo reading needed specific images for his class, so there is a disc of my heart passed out to an entire class
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              I had a tech try to come in during my ultrasound because she "wanted to see the baby", the tech working on me took her outside and kinda laid into her...we were looking for tumors....
              Good on the tech for giving her a lesson on assumptions.

I'm having an ultrasound next week - there better not be a baby in there!!.

Damn renal problems, it's not looking good so far. It's really baffling my doctor. First time I've hoped for kidney stones or cysts that's for sure.

I'm hoping that this is the aftermath of a very nasty gastro bug which I think is still hanging in there. E coli and I have tangled before and I lost quite badly the first time we met.

Quoth Seshat View Post
              I'm living proof that beauty is not just skin deep. And that you can have body jewelry on the inside.
              I can't believe I'm thinking of internal piercings........what?. I think an ovary can be nicely complimented by a sparkling gem.

Comment

A lovely sapphire offsetting the red of the aorta.

A string of diamonds down the trachea....

Comment

LOL
                  y'all are twisted, ya know that, right?
                  I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                    LOL
                    y'all are twisted, ya know that, right?
                    Would you love us if we were any different, Tres?
                    EDIT: malachite! Perfect for off-setting tendons...
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I've had to have ultrasounds for both pregnancy and ovarian cysts. Not to out do others but it took them until I was pregnant with my first child to tell me my uterus is a lovely heart shape, rather than the usually triangle shape.
                      Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Awwww. The tech didn't tell ME anything like that. It's just "very pretty".

Comment

Heck I had to have an ultrasound done last week on my leg to pinpoint where the bamboo pieces were, following my accident! Sure as hell ain't gonna be a baby in my thigh LOL!!!
                          The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                            Awwww. The tech didn't tell ME anything like that. It's just "very pretty".
                            so no pics? /heh

Comment

I'm sure we still have the ultrasound somewhere. Not so sure how well they'd go in the scanner!

And I'd have to find them. I have no clue where we put the medical imaging. (Hey - I have a cat scan, too. Evidence that my skull actually contains a brain, not sawdust stuffing!)

Comment

Working...
                              X