This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was i sucky????

so yesterday i went to the local KFC by my work on my lunch break....then the following occurs in the driver through window

ME:the hungry phone jockey
    E: KFC employee

ME: can i please get 4 little things of ranch
    E: umm, hold on........we arent supposed to give out ranch for chicken
    my thoughts: what else do you sell here?
    ME: what if i told you i was using it for my cole slaw?
    E: then i cant give that out either
    ME: what if i were to buy the wings, would you give me ranch then?
    E...............well ya that is what its for
    ME: and what are the wings made out of?
    E: chicken
    ME: do you see where you fucked up?
    E: (looking at me like i just punched him in the face) here is your ranch, have a good day
    ME: thanks!!!!

so was i sucky? i though it was funny

You were a little sucky, and splitting hairs a bit. He obviously meant they weren't supposed to give them out with the regular chicken orders, but only with the wings.

He just worded it poorly.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I don't think you were sucky. What was the problem, if you wanted ranch with chicken you would have to pay for it? Did it only come free with the wings?

Comment

I'm going to have to give you sucky on the language.

It might have been better to have asked if you could buy the ranch.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Oh my word, if someone around here was told they couldn't have ranch, they'd have a hissy fit. People lick ranch dressing off shingles around here!
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I would suggest your language could have been more polite rather than swearing at the chap. Like a lot of us he was probably having to enforce a pointless and thankless rule that makes no sense at all.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I would have been quite offended, in his position. I would have taken it as you calling me a moron for enforcing a stupid policy that I hadn't quite phrased right.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I think you were quite sucky with language like that. The person at the window should have closed the door on you.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I would say yes, quite sucky with a side of asshole to boot. Granted, I see your point that the policy is rather dumb, but with the way you made your point the worker would be quite justified in verbally slapping you as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Can someone explain the issue to me (sorry if this sounds dumb); but, is the issue that the OP was being told they would have to pay for the ranch dressing? That it only came free with the wings?

The way the story sounds, it's as if the guy was trying to deny the OP from getting ranch dressing at all..but I am most likely misreading it. :P

Comment

You were sucky. All he was doing was enforcing the stupid policy. It is not his fault that you have to buy ranch, if you didn't order the wings
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

a little sucky, I hate it when customers try to bully me into doing things I am not supposed to

not as sucky as some I have had ,I have had people drop in and ask for ranch and salsa shocked that i would want to charge them for it as the only reason they need it is they forgot to get it with their order that they bought from our competitor up the street

I understand that some people must have ranch with everything so i will sell it separate and most people do not mind paying , I get sadistic glee when they have a fit and wont pay , if its not worth 25 cents for them why would it be worth anything to us ?

Comment

ya, my language was a bit off... i do have to admit that. but still the way he told me sucked. and i was having a bad day. and im not sure about buying them, i go there about 1-2 times a week and never been charged so this was a first

Comment

so was i sucky? i though it was funny
                            Very sucky, and not funny at all. I might have considered banning you for it.

There is never an acceptable reason to swear at an employee like you did. The policy may have been stupid, but the kid at the window was just doing his job as he was told to and there were much nicer ways to get your point across.

And quite frankly, you better not complain the next time a customer gets angry and curses you out at your job. I'd hate for you to be a hypocrite or anything.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The cursing was over the top; but, I don't think it warranted or would have warranted a banning. I agree, the guy was just doing his job, ITA 100% about that; but, the OP (even if slightly sucky) did not seem to overly lose their temper. More of a horrible choice of words IMO.

And I don't know how; but, I seriously though the guy was trying to withhold the ranch dressing altogether LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X