This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid day is today! (long)

So, yeah. I leave work, head to the town that's closest to home's Wal-Mart "H".

I am the SC in this story, and I am unashamed.

I remember the milk, check the electronics for a DS, and see none. I figured if I asked a clerk, they could tell me what day they get shipments, and I could find it myself through that day... but no clerks anywhere.

So, I hit the little bell on the counter..... ........ ....... =/

Nothing for 15min., so I walk off, pay for milk, and ask the cashier about the date. She replies,"Oh, the electronics guys are all having a going away party in housewares, go ask them." Mmmmm... >_< Just go home, put away milk.

..gah, I forgot the cat food, which is only in next town over's Wal-Mart "O".

So I drive there, on the way almost run over a rampant kid, which does nothing good for me.

In Wal-Mart O, I go straight to electronics, and find.......... all but one playing Guitar Hero. I go to the clerk on the desk.
    Me: Excuse me, ma'am?
    Her: ........*stapling a single piece of paper fo some reason*
    Me: Ma'am.
    Her: OH HEY GUY

Random guy walks up, not a co-worker, and apparently a friend. I am ignored and angry. So, I do what I usually do in these situations.

I hissed at her.

She looked at me with confusion, and said,"What do you want?"
    Me: To get waited on, perhaps?"
    Her: Hmm, so Guy--
    Me: Oh hell no. I just want a one word answer, then you can go to pretend working.
    Her/Guy: OH MAH GAWD!
    Me: When does the sipment usually come in?
    Her: Well. When it comes in.
    Me:...
    She and Guy laugh.
    Me: Thanks ahh, "Marge." I'll let your manager know about your bang-up job here.

And I go get my catfood. 20lb bag, toting it one armed. Not in the least wobbly.

Go to the quick check-outs, this guy in front of me has the same cat food, and lots of other items (20+ you twit! COUNT!). He looks at me long enough to make me uncomfy, and I give him a (see icon) face.

He starts patting the corner of the counter like a rabid dog, saying," Here here here, set it down here that's much too heavy for you, here here here, put it down come on." I say,"No thanks... no ... I'm fine... no.. mm... SHUT UP!"

So he stops, the cashier kindof laughs.

He leaves, cashier lady rings me up, tells me price, I swipe card.

Her: Some damn people. Stupid fags.
    Me: >_< What?
    Her: He's obviously a fag. They take too long.

Now, in this area of TN, its half n half of people who talk as such or are polite. I chose to join her side at the moment.

Me: What the hell, woman.
    Her: What?
    Me: You are a shallow, unending pool of moron. I wish a piece of bread would land in you, and soak you up to throw a few I.Q. points your way.

I took my cat food and left.

I know I didn't handle everything the best way, and I left out a lot of things that happened in between those spots. Aggravation from work doesn't help, but I really get sick of it everywhere else.

Open back up the Mom n Pop shops, please! No more Wally World adventures.

Quoth unholypet View Post
    Open back up the Mom n Pop shops, please! No more Wally World adventures.

I am with you on that. I am sick of shopping at Big Box Marts. I just want that one mom and pop shop to open up again.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Big Box stores make it possible for people to work who Mom & Pop stores would fire.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
        Big Box stores make it possible for people to work who Mom & Pop stores would fire.
        But thats not a good thing...

Comment

That has not too much to do with what I meant.

Giant chains are mostly corporate ho's. What does corporate care about individual sales or customer appreciation outside of keeping from being sued?

Mom n Pop won't hire someome they think will end up being rude to their customers, or someone who will wander off in the middle of their shift to play a game on a machine.

Mom n Pop places usually provide better service, maybe a bit higher priced, but with a comfortable setting where you're not just paying for the name, as well.

Its not like if you're not high up in the chain, that most people can succeed with a Wal-Mart salary. Mom n Pop are better paying with their hours, anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X