This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me why it's that much!!!

Hey everybody, this is a very entertaining forum so I thought I'd join and share some stories. Anyway I work at a restaurant and I wait on tables, answer phone, do register. (we also do take out)

So it's lunch time and this old guy walks in and wanders over to the register looking lost.

Me: Hi, can I help you?
    Him: I wanted to get something.
    Me: Ok... Well we have menus you can look at right here. *points to menu*

He then picks up menu and proceeds to block anyone else from picking up food or paying their bill. Luckily, at the moment, we were alone at the register. He spends about five minutes staring at the menu while I'm obligated to wait for him. *tumble weed passes by, i check to make sure he's awake* Then...

Him: I want a hoagie.
    Me: Oh... well what kind do you want?
    Him: what did you say to me??
    Me: .... well, you have to pick, maybe you wanted an italian hoagie? or a...
    Him: yeah that's fine. And also I want a bowl of soup and a stromboli.

So fast forward and we got his order ready and finally we're ready to pay. This is where the true suckyness came into play.

The total came to like 20.75 or something like that. So I told him, "that'll be 20.75 sir". He opens up his wallet and I see a $20 bill and a bunch of $1 bills. He hands me the 20.

Me: The total is actually 20.75 sir...
    Him: What?!? Tell me what you just said?
    Me: You gave me a 20 when you the total is actually 20.75, all you have to do is give me one...
    Him: HOW IS IT THAT MUCH????

at this point he gets out this pouch filled with change, he unzips it, and dumps all the change onto the counter while yelling at me. also more people start to come in to pick up orders/pay for their bill in the restaurant. So there is a pretty big line.

Me: but all you have to do is give me 1 more dollar and you'll be okay.

He just ignores me and screams for me to tell him why it's that much while he slowly counts out the change with his arthritic fingers. Finally he gives me the correct amount and I set his food on the counter so he can get it. I then start helping the next customer. As soon as the old fool leaves I notice that he left his stromboli behind. I put the stromboli box on the bottom with the soup and hoagie on top of it assuming he would be wise enough to take all his food without supervision.

So I tell a co-worker to handle the register for a minute while I run out to the parking lot to give the guy his food. I finally spot him and give him the stromboli. He looked surprised and said "This is mine??" didn't thank me or anything for delivering his food.

Oh man... old people.

He sounds like a winner.

Maybe he has hearing and memory problems.

Or maybe he's just an asshat.

Time will tell.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
    X