This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    ...summa cum laude graduates of the Trump School of Manners and Sensitivity...
    :snerk:

But seriously, WS, I've read the letter you're sending to your boss, and it looks very professional. It reads like you are taking this job seriously and have a plan to do your best. I hope your boss gives you another chance, a decent schedule and works with your ADHD. Best of luck!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      I hope that boss felt like a real heel after that. Probably not, because there are far too many bullies and sociopaths in the world who get off on that crap.

I hate bullies. People like your ex-boss deserve to receive every gram of abuse they dish out. I hope the upper management gave him as much hell as he gave that poor fellow.
      Upper Management moved him to a quite department with only Old employees in it. People who had been at the company long before him who wouldn't take his shit. When I left I had it on good authority that he had for the most part stopped talking to people and just sat in his office doing paperwork all day. So I think or I like to think this got to him and he learned from it.

Sadly it cost someone their life to get the message across that being an asshole just because you can is not the way to live.

WishfulSpirit I hope it all works out for you.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        I'm having some thoughts of just letting my train to work tomorrow hit me.
        Quoth XCashier View Post
        Please don't do that; we'd miss you very much here.
        Please don't say that. It's been almost 5 years and we still miss the sweet spirit of Plaidman...
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
          It isn't just this job. It's giving whatever I'm doing my best effort and still failing. It isn't a temporary problem. It happened in grade school. It happened in my first job at age 17. It happened in college. I'm 36 and it's still happening now. I feel like I'm a failure, will always be a failure, and don't really want to spend the next 40 or so years dealing with being a failure.
          Okay, I saw this quote and I know it's a video game reference, and I don't want to make light of anything, but I really feel like it's appropriate. "If Tetris has taught me anything, it's that errors pile up and accomplishments disappear."

I really doubt you've had no accomplishments or done any good. Even just looking at very basic things like being a good person, which I think you are. How many people can we think of who have great jobs and do their work with minimal mistakes, but are just horrible people? They actually fail as people. The difference is huge, and I hope you can eventually feel better about yourself.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Whelp yesterday I dealt with an absolute cluster frack logistical nightmare with a rugby team that didn't book as an actual group (so they didn't have to sign a code of conduct) and thought I did pretty well (14 people under 4 names, yeah!).

Well at around 9pm a guest wanted to move into a balcony suite. Our system showed we had one available (I am 100% positive I checked all the relevant screens), so I let them move. Then another guest who booked a balcony suite showed up (this part was after my shift), he wanted a balcony suite, and we didn't have one for him.

So I know I'm going to get blamed for that even though I did exactly what I was supposed to do. Bye bye job!

I really don't care anymore about anything other than income. Today a coworker was asked (by the AGM) to insert lunch breaks into a schedule. Now if that's a future schedule that's fine (she wasn't sure of the dates), but she thinks she was being asked to alter punch records and clock employees out for lunch even though they didn't get a lunch (wage theft). Yesterday my AGM told me to violate key sign out policies.

That plus the fact that I've never gotten a break, which is a labor law violation in my state, makes me not care if they fire me, as much as I like my coworkers. It's just what I'm going to do for money that bothers me.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Do you live near any of the ski resorts? I know some are open during the summer for golfing and such. Maybe you could get a job at one of the lodges.

Of course if your bosses are violating labor laws and policies you might be better off out of there any way. Whatever happens, I hope things get better for you soon.
              Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Well they aint shitcanned me yet, but I've decided it may be time to move on. Our AGM has done too many things that make me raise my eyebrows. I'll admit my ethical standards are high, but I don't really like what I see. A shorter commute would be nice too. Whatever happens, I don't regret my time here. It gave me a career focus I didn't have before and I think I know where I want to be, as well as how to get there. I've also learned from the GM how a good boss operates and how he leads a strong team (and my GM is a good boss, despite being uninformed about labor laws here). That's something I'll carry with me.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                X