Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would you expect people in a library to be able to read all of the signs saying that KellyHabersham?

Just because they are in a building built for the express purpose of lending out reading materials should mean that they have to actually read anything, right?

Comment

• Go ahead and report us to the BBB or whomever. It won't pull your account out of collections.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Everyone (this includes co-irkers) need to PAY ATTENTION. That is all.

(I suspect people actually want to get hit with a loaded-to-the-gills stock cart so they can sue or file a complaint)
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• When I ask you the make/model of your car, please don't tell me it's the blue one over there, which is parked all the way down the building where I can't see it out the windows. Make/Model is not that difficult!

Comment

• To whomever it is in the media who is giving this information out - I know the upcoming solar eclipse is a big deal, but please STOP telling people that "the libraries" have free solar eclipse-viewing glasses. Only some branches received them, and in limited supplies.

The library I work at was NOT one of those branches, and it gets tiresome having to repeatedly tell customers that we do not carry those glasses. (not the fault of the customer, it's whomever is giving out this information)

Comment

• Oh hi former boss! Gee, I'm sorry to hear the department I was laid off from is in bad shape. I guess that's what happens when you lay off everyone who knows how your incredibly complex analog-to-digital payroll and security system works in the span of a month.

Oh? You need me to come back and train the new people?

Just wait until you see my updated freelance contractor rates. They're going to make that 3% COL raise we wanted look like the best deal ever in comparison.

Comment

• Contractor? Minimum 150% raise over your old salary. Your benefits (such as they may or may not have been) cost on the order of 50% of your salary; as a contractor you generally don't get any benefits. To make it worthwhile above and beyond that, you need to get that plus a whole bunch more money. Especially because there are very explicitly no long-term prospects there.
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• As a contractor there will be no deductions from your pay. You will have to pay both parts of social security and medicare taxes. Keep that in mind when you give him a quote for your services.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Dear roach motel that interviewed me, said I was hired, and then said "oh she misspoke we'll call you if you are selected."

It's been almost 2 months since my interview and now you call me because everyone else apparently noticed your BS and doesn't want to work for you. Meanwhile I am working the desk at a swanky mid-scale hotel in a wealthy neighborhood. Bye now.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                      Dear roach motel that interviewed me, said I was hired, and then said "oh she misspoke we'll call you if you are selected."

It's been almost 2 months since my interview and now you call me because everyone else apparently noticed your BS and doesn't want to work for you. Meanwhile I am working the desk at a swanky mid-scale hotel in a wealthy neighborhood. Bye now.
                      Bye Felicia!

Comment

• Wishful, I didn't know that happened. Congrats!
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                          Meanwhile I am working the desk at a swanky mid-scale hotel in a wealthy neighborhood.
                          Nice!

Oh, but you're totally going to give that up to work at a roach motel whose ownership plays mind games. Yep, of course, you'll get right on that.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• To a customer from yesterday -

I know you weren't purposely being sucky, but if I've told you that I don't use a specific e-mail service, and I'm not familiar with its features......that does NOT translate into "Please keep asking me questions about X feature and how to use it". Among other things, library service desk staff are NOT computer technicians, and there's only so much assistance that we are supposed to be provide customers.

Comment

• Would it kill you to know the the difference between left and right?

I have seen "RIGHT SCREEN" labels on left monitors and "LEFT SCREEN" labels on right monitors. I have even seen both labels on one monitor. I have had to switch labels before getting them and the connected computer systems ready for the movers.

Just remember, get it right or be left with a mess.
                              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Dear clients, when I tell you no, I am backed up by state and federal laws and regulations. I don't issue emergency food stamps without all of the requirements being met. You, dear client, have allowed over 3500 dollars to trickle through your fingers this month. Its not my fault that your children are going to starve, sniveling for 30 minutes isn't going to change anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X