This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last time I try to be nice

We are running a sale on Aquafina 1 liters: 2 for $2. Bad news? We ran out. Worse news? PEPSI ran out. Hopefully, we'll get some tomorrow.

A lady comes in today, and was ranting that we are out. I tried to make her happy by giving her a special deal of 2 20oz. for $2. Was that good enough?

Of course not. She wanted 3 for $2. I told her that I was sorry, I wasn't even allowed to do the 20 oz. for the sale price, but I was making an exception for her.

She got pissed and told the new girl I was training that I'm not nice.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

The audacity of that woman. Holy biscuit.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I am surprised she didn't drop one of my favorite lines SC's use....it will be in bold.

Back when I worked customer service for the cable company

Me: I can offer you a promotion of $29.95 for the next 6 months
      SC: No, I want it for 12 months!
      Me: I can do 6, not 12.
      SC: Well *I* work in customer service as well and *I* would NEVER treat a customer this way!

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
        SC: Well *I* work in customer service as well and *I* would NEVER treat a customer this way!
        Fine, then next time I won't offer you anything...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

So I do and there is such a thing called following the rules and policies. I didn't make the rules, i just follow them!

Comment

When it comes to SC's, no good deed ever goes unpunished.

And, 40oz. does not = 2 Liters, it would be around 67 ounces(helpful site-http://www.metric-conversions.org) . So even though you were being really nice and going out of your way trying to provide good customer service and should be commended for it, it was not really the same thing as the advertised deal.
            If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
            www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

well we all know 20oz are just as much as 2 liters anyway and being that they had actually run out of the sale itiem anyway being offered this deal was very generous...

Comment

Quoth georgiab View Post
                well we all know 20oz are just as much as 2 liters anyway and being that they had actually run out of the sale itiem anyway being offered this deal was very generous...
                I assume you are talking about cost, not volume??
                If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
                www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
                  So I do and there is such a thing called following the rules and policies. I didn't make the rules, i just follow them!
                  Our store has a comment form on the website that customers can access with codes from their receipts. I saw this one last week:

"I don't think I can feel comfortable giving my money to a company that doesn't trust its employees enough to allow them to bend policy in order to make a customer happy."

Translate that one as you will.
                  I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                  - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                  - IPF

Comment

Translated: "Your store makes it difficult for me to scam you. Please stop making your employees follow the rules so I can start whining and getting free stuff, kthanxbai. "
                    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post

She got pissed and told the new girl I was training that I'm not nice.
                      No, no I'm not. Have a nice day!

Comment

Working...
                      X