Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in WA too and have never seen one here, other than the ones in pet stores. It almost makes me wonder if someone didn't buy it at a pet store, have it get loose and just not tell you about it.

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
      You also run the risk that the baby scorpions become used to the chemicals, and develop into a race of chemical resistant scorpions hell bent on hiding in tiny nooks and crannys that you have to put your hand into on a dialy basis....

*evil laugh* :P
      NOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm stocking the back rooms with guns 'nd ammo. it's going to be war between the housekeepers and the super-scorpions!!!!

BTW here is a picture of the scorpion (best one I could get without releasing it from its plastic prison). Apparently, they do exist in Eastern Washington and Oregon, but they should be hibernating this time of year. The guy is tiny, so it seems likely he migrated from a warmer climate in someone's luggage.
      Last edited by bhskittykatt; 04-16-2011, 09:25 PM.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Wait until that baby is 30 feet tall and you guys have to call on all of us canadians with our guns and animal killing experience to help :P

Comment

This is from Wikipedia:
          Scorpions are found in virtually every habitat, including high elevation mountain-tops, caves and intertidal zones, with the exception of boreal ecosystems such as the tundra, high-altitude taiga and the permanently snow-clad tops of some mountains.
          I had no idea they were this widespread.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
            Wait until that baby is 30 feet tall and you guys have to call on all of us canadians with our guns and animal killing experience to help :P
            Just remember; for best results, use Large-calibre rounds; Anything smaller than .50 BMG won't even crack its exoskeleton, much less be felt.

Something more suitable would be a Hispano-Suiza 20mm Autocannon, Lahti L-39 AMR, or, generally, anything else that's stupidly gargantuan.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              BTW here is a picture of the scorpion (best one I could get without releasing it from its plastic prison)
              Yup, that's one of the more dangerous varieties, even if it's small. Better get that exterminator working double-quick.

Comment

OK, scorpions don't bother me, only because they're supposed to be things in movies and far far away. Having one so close would make me bat-shit crazy. And I'll be honest, seeing that baby scorpion so teeny tiny and portable just....cripes. Those little buggers could be anywhere. *shudder*
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  This is from Wikipedia:

I had no idea they were this widespread.
                  me either
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Our Area Manager in the weekly conference call today did not believe at first we had scorpions. On the report section where we record why rooms are out of service, he thought we'd just put scorpions down to see if he was really paying attention to it. It took some time for Boss Man to finally convince him that yes, we really found one and had pest control treat the room for scorpions!
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                      Our Area Manager in the weekly conference call today did not believe at first we had scorpions. On the report section where we record why rooms are out of service, he thought we'd just put scorpions down to see if he was really paying attention to it. It took some time for Boss Man to finally convince him that yes, we really found one and had pest control treat the room for scorpions!
                      Yes.. we did have scorpions in the room... no... not the band... the actual insect....

Comment

And here I thought scorpions had some sort of Animal Magnetism. Ah well, if nothing else, you could send it to the insect hut at The Zoo. After all, No One Like You should be forced to keep something that creepy around. Does Anyone Know what type it is, by the way? It All Depends on that as to how it got there.

If you haven't guessed, I like the two-legged, guitar-playing scorpions.
                        Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                        Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Honey, I hate to tell you but there is a species of scorpion native to the Pacific Northwest. I can't remember the name of it, but we did study it in my intro to forestry class.

I hate scorpions too.

Comment

Quoth Rena_Muffin View Post
                            Honey, I hate to tell you but there is a species of scorpion native to the Pacific Northwest. I can't remember the name of it, but we did study it in my intro to forestry class.

I hate scorpions too.

Spiders, snakes, beetles........give me anything else but scorpions!

Comment

Careful, they like to hide in shoes :P

Im not helping am i ?

Comment

They also glow in blacklight! :3
                                I've heard that the smaller the scorpion, the nastier the toxin. It might have even been on Mythbusters.
                                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                                X