This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
    My bet is this guy was actually injured. If he had any sense, he'd have asked for help nicely if he was going to pull something. Then again, crooks aren't always too smart.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. If he was trying to assault me, wouldn't he say something nicer? Then I would've... helped..eek!
    So I think he was really injured and having a bad day. I guess I could've called the non emergency line for police and said something like "there's a man who's swearing and needs help" and even if I got laughed at, at least I tried, right? But all I could think while hurrying off was, danger! Get away now! He'll wear your skin as a suit.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Unless he was dying, at that point, I would have walked on too. He wasn't asking for help, he was demanding it and he certainly wasn't asking you for help.

I have two parents who are stubborn about asking for help. The difference is they'll have tried on their own repeated and once defeat has finally set in, ask politely for help. Mom had both legs broken and tried to pick up a pen on her own. Dad finally got tired of her not asking and got her a grab and grip stick so she could do it for herself. No, she wasn't trying to avoid asking, not really. It's just a family trait of, "I can do it, I know I can! Just got to find a way."
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
      X