This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, It's Frustrating

So the bank I work at, in the call center, handles customers on the east coast of the US. I handle business customers, and when somebody calls in, after I've got them verified, they're usually pretty easy and straight forward.

Once in a while, though, I'll get a doozy, and it's not the customer's fault at all. When I first got hired, our trainer told us that there are no remarks or notes that agents are required to add to the accounts every time they touch the account. This is great for keeping AHT down, but stinks big time when there's a problem somewhere.

I had one today: a customer called in, and had fees on their account. There were no notes to indicate what the fees were, why there were there, or who put them there. The fee itself was not clickable, and the intranet that we have is not intuitive at all. You have to know the exact pathway to all the pieces of information you could possibly need - searching does diddly squat.

I wound up having to transfer the customer to another department after I'd had to call our on call support system to find out who I needed to contact in the first place. Their queue is insanely long, and so 15 minutes later, I was finally able to get to the right department.

It would make so much more sense to me to have notes indicating what is going on with the accounts, or to have some idea of what to tell the customer, or who to contact!!

That's exactly the opposite of my job... when we touch an account, we're required to note it. A lot of people don't READ the notes, but they're there in case an issue comes up.

In that kind of scenario I'd probably go 'screw it' and issue a credit just to make the problem go away. But I can do that with amounts under a hundred.

Comment

Our credits are monitored, and the system prevents certain credits from being issued. I have taken to notating accounts that I work on like this to help future agents the same frustration.

Comment

They may not be REQUIRED to leave notes, but you'd think your CW's would leave them as a courtesy, not only for CW's but also so that a customer doesn't have to wait a long time to get something done.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I agree totally. I leave detailed notes just for that purpose. It makes it so much easier for everyone else.

Comment

Quoth Erinesque View Post
            I agree totally. I leave detailed notes just for that purpose. It makes it so much easier for everyone else.
            Forget everyone else, detailed notes are useful for me if I have to go back to a job a couple of months later!
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
            X