This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Have you every seen an elephant with an afro?"

One of our patrons asked this of another lifeguard, and I'll give you two guesses as to what he showed him, and the first doesn't count.

There is no emoticon that can properly convey my feelings at hearing this little story.

His shortcomings.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Took me a minute. Thought he was insulting an overweight black person. Wow, I can be dense sometimes. But now...thanks for the mental picture.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I think I'm going to role-play this with my husband so I can react well I ever get flashed. Assuming I feel safe doing so, I'd like to be ready to say something like "aww...how cute, look at the little guy" or just point and start giggling.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          His shortcomings.
          I was gonna make a joke, but honestly I don't think I could top this.
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
            ... or just point and start giggling.
            ...and the honeymoon crashed to a halt...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

At first I thought he meant literally, as in, showing us a picture of an actual elephant with an afro or a clown wig photoshopped onto its head.
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

"Have you every seen an elephant with an afro?"
                "Down at the Afro Circus, yeah."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth amphrite View Post
                  There is no emoticon that can properly convey my feelings at hearing this little story.
                  You are probably correct...We do have brain bleach on tap, if that helps.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Aha.. the correct response

http://jokideo.com/funny-flasher-cartoon/
                    Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 06-29-2015, 12:46 AM.
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      That is exactly the cartoon that I thought of, but I had no idea where to find it! Thanks!
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                        I think I'm going to role-play this with my husband so I can react well I ever get flashed. Assuming I feel safe doing so, I'd like to be ready to say something like "aww...how cute, look at the little guy" or just point and start giggling.
                        "I'm so sorry you couldn't find that in a man's size."

"Gee, that's a weird color for that. Have you seen a doctor?"
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

"Umm... what am I suppose to be looking at? Wait, let me fine my magnifying glass!"

"I didn't know they made them that small!"

"That's a penis? I thought it was an earth worm."

Last, scream, "A WORM!!!" really loudly, while trying to stomp on it. (I don't recommend this one, but it might be fun to imagine it while doing the point and laugh.)
                          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

"Wow, that looks bad. You need to see a doctor."
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

"Ew, that's a nasty wart you've got there!"

or, "...that's it?!"
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X