This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dare to be STUPID

There is a really good reason why I chose to name my post what I did.

I answer the phone and the ensuing conversation takes place

me: I KNOW I haven't much hair left
    Caller: (Yeah I know non-creative lame name )

me: <Standard phone greeting + "carry out or delivery?">
    caller: <mumble mumble> delivery
    me: OK May I have your phone number?
    Caller: 123-4567
    me: <noting this is a new customer> Name and address please
    Caller: <gives me name and has to SK what the address is>
    me: and what can we make for you tonight?
    Caller: Well we already placed an order.
    me: <Puzzled as heck as YOU DID NOT mention this at the start> The number gave me is a new record. Did you place this order under a different number?
    Caller: <loud mumble mumble talking loud to a person in the background> WHAT NUMBER did you use?

PAUSE: the MOD had her phone connected to the kitchen area stereo. She had a specific Spotify channel playing and it was playing this song----
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhwddNQSWQ

Caller: <finally gives me a phone number> 765-4321
    me: <now looks up the proper order> and what would you like to do with this order>
    Caller: YEAH what is the total again????
    me:<gives total>
    Caller: Thanks <hangs up>

Now the MOD not 2 minutes prior to this had taken this order apparently from another person AND had trouble hearing and understanding other person because of the background noise (well known "loud party" on weekends type small apartment) BUT another person with different number has to call back to get the order total.

Just the sheer irony of the song and them calling back made me ROTFLMAO.

Yes I understand someone might forget the order total that quick but come on at least be upfront and tell me you ALREADY ordered and not make me got through 2 minutes of trying to get your name and address for a NEW customer.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Sometimes the Universe aligns perfectly... This was one of those times. Yay for Weird Al!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
    X