Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antone else on Blockbuster's $16.99 "3 at a time" mail rental program?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antone else on Blockbuster's $16.99 "3 at a time" mail rental program?

I've been receiving only 2 movies at a time for a *long* time now. I've logged several tickets and nothing has been resolved yet.

Is it jsut me or are other people having this issue?

$16.99 / month
    3 rentals at a time - unlimited per month
    no in-store exchange

*edit* Nice, Now I get my 3rd movie - for the first time in a long time. :S I wonder if the ticket I just logged triggered somthing?
    Last edited by draggar; 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I've been using the Blockbuster 3 @ a time since the program started (just after I left working for BB in '04) so we had 3 unlimited movies/games out and in-store exchange. I say had because now it's just mailers since all of our stores around just closed.

We occasionally have the same issue getting all 3 movies but it's been better in the last year or so.

I must say though that we will probably switch to Netflix since a similar plan will be cheaper and have instant watch.
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Netflix 3-at-a time unlimited and unlimited streaming is now $23.98/month. But I still like it better than Blockbuster. I usually get a 2 day turn around on dvds and they are really good about sending out replacements for damaged discs immediately. I have been w/ Netflix since 2004 and have had maybe 4 damaged discs. If I want to watch a new release w/o waiting for Netflix to get it there are at least 3 Red Box kiosks within 5 miles of my house. I tried Blockbuster mail order when they first started but they kept listing movies I returned as still out.

Oh, another thing I like I just found out. We were having some money issues and I was going to cancel Netflix cause we just could not afford it this month. They have an option where you can suspend your account and re-activate later.

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
        I've been using the Blockbuster 3 @ a time since the program started (just after I left working for BB in '04) so we had 3 unlimited movies/games out and in-store exchange. I say had because now it's just mailers since all of our stores around just closed.

We occasionally have the same issue getting all 3 movies but it's been better in the last year or so.

I must say though that we will probably switch to Netflix since a similar plan will be cheaper and have instant watch.
        I used to have that, too. I was with them from around the same time you joined. Then they added $2 a month for unlimited rentals - I stayed with it (the now closed BB was on my way home form work). Then, they doubled the price and I said hell no.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

My brother has Blockbuster but I don't know what plan it is. He usually seems to have 2 movies (or at least he usually brings over 2 at a time to my parents, though I think he's brought 3 at times, and I'm sure he gets plenty of stuff my parents wouldn't watch).

So, um, yeah, I guess I'm not much help.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X