This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why now?

Not sure if this would go here or Sickbay, but it effects my work so I posted here.

My girlfriend, who does four nights a week at the hotel, got out of the hospital two weeks ago from a nasty bout of pnumonia. We managed to scramble around and get her shifts covered. Woke up yesterday morning not able to breath. Take her back to ER and she is admitted again with pnumonia that they said she picked up at the hospital.

Wouldn't be a problem, but there is no one to cover her shifts this time. So I am now working 16 hours, off 8, work 16, off 8, work 24 hours, off 8 and work 8 again.

To top this off, I went to the doc today and found out that I have an upper respiratory infection which is causing my asthma to flair up. At what point do I get to just curl up and hide?
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~ Robert Heinlein

Oh, man that sucks. It's one of those situations where ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Which in this case may include putting your health before GF's job. Take care of yourself, before YOU end up in the hospital!
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Unless you run the place, get management to arrange for some cover. If you run the place, call a temp agency! You need to take care of yourself & if you're already sick those hours will end up making you much worse. I had a whole month off at the start of this year due to flu & pneumonia, it's no fun!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I hope you guys feel better soon (so you can go out and buy me a gift for wishing you a speedy recovery, haha). Seriously, hope you two feel better. I wonder what everyone would think if you showed up at work with those surgeon masks on and worked while wearing those.

Comment

Honestly, that's not a bad idea given the circumstances. They'd reduce the risk of them spreading infection.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
          X