This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers needed for a friend

One of my two best-friends, someone who is like a sister to me, tried to commit suicide today.

Thankfully, she came to her senses and called 911. She was brought to the hospital by ambulance and has been transferred to a mental health facility for evaluation. She is - physically at least - OK right now.

She's actually a member here, though she isn't active. Her username is PortuguesePrincess.

If those who are so inclined could please keep her in your thoughts and prayers it would be greatly appreciated.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I'm glad she got help and I'll send good vibes yours and PortugesePrincess' way.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

*sending good vibes her way*

I vaguely remember her posts. I'm glad she's ok physically.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

If you think it would help at all, tell her that a complete stranger feels like she knows her through your stories, and would be sad if she died.

I'm glad she failed, and I hope with all my heart that she can get the help she needs not to be in that dark place anymore.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

***good thoughts***
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Oh no, I remember her.

Hope she's okay...
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I remember her too. At least she knows she needs help...
              is she seeing a professional about said psychological help?/nosy
              Prayers are gladly given. Give her a hug for me?
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I remember her too!

Give her hugs from me & Child Rum, and kitty licks and head bumps from Darwin & Kyra.

I'm praying for her.

Comment

I did finally get to visit her after work today. She's getting better but has a ways to go yet. Under the circumstances I'd say she's doing pretty well.

I'll be spending some more time with her tomorrow. I'll keep posting updates.
                  "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

She's doing a lot better today, and asked me to pass on her gratitude for everyone keeping her in their thoughts.

Though it's too soon to tell for sure, I think this one will have a happy ending.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I wish her a quick and full recovery!
                      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

She was your coworker back at office supply hell correct?

Good luck!

ETA: Dave, make sure you bring her some of your awesome cookies!
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                          She was your coworker back at office supply hell correct?
                          I think I remember her joining us when Dave told a story of her and some SCs.
                          Good thing she is feeling better.

Comment

Yes, she used to be a coworker at the Bent Staple. Neither of us work there anymore but we've become even better friends since we got out of that place.

Went to visit her again today and she's doing better still.

I would've made her cookies but for the first couple days I simply didn't have the time. It was work, go visit her, come home, eat, and go to bed.

Her birthday is only 10 days away. I'm already going to be making cookies for her then, so I got her a bag of ghiradelli caramel squares the first day I visited.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Yay! So happy she's feeling a lot better!
                              I just hope that she'll be able to get something into place that will never let her get that bad again.
                              Also, good/smart move with the chocolate. It is known as a mood-improver!
                              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                              X