This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amy Winehouse dead

Its just been announced, that at 15.54 BST Amy Winehouse was found unconscious in her flat and was unable to be revived by the paramedics.
    Sad waste of talent.
    "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
    set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

The girl could sing her ass off! But it's a sad shame how her life ended up.

Comment

Another member of the 27 Club (musicians who died at the age of 27, including Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain and many others).

It's terribly sad. And it makes me so angry that we as a society seem to be okay with artists and musicians who have drug problems, as long as they make great art because of it. So many great talents, and so many of my own friends, have struggled with drug and alcohol addiction, but it's considered okay, because it's apparently part of the creative process. Bullshit. It's wrong and it shouldn't be celebrated.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I had no idea...didn't really follow her music but was aware of the troubles she was having.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

You could see that coming...very sad. I wasn't into her music but she must have done something right, she had Grammys, etc. Yet she couldn't seem to get away from the self-destructive behavior.

Lindsay Lohan, are you listening....?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

While I was not what you would call a huge fan, today's headlines shocked me. (I just found out about this within the last half hour, when I got online.) Well, shocked me in the sense that I was sad to see such a fantastic singer exit stage left so damn early. I can't say I was truly surprised by the news; as others have said, you could see it coming.

Well, she's definitely not going back to rehab, I say no, no, no. (Love that song.)

And by the way, the only similarity between Lohan and Winehouse is youthful recklessness and hard partying. Lohan doesn't have a fraction of the talent Winehouse had.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

And by the way, the only similarity between Lohan and Winehouse is youthful recklessness and hard partying. Lohan doesn't have a fraction of the talent Winehouse had.

Agreed.

Damn 27 Club...
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                It's terribly sad. And it makes me so angry that we as a society seem to be okay with artists and musicians who have drug problems, as long as they make great art because of it. So many great talents, and so many of my own friends, have struggled with drug and alcohol addiction, but it's considered okay, because it's apparently part of the creative process. Bullshit. It's wrong and it shouldn't be celebrated.
                I could not agree more.

I'm sorry about Amy. She was undeniably talented, it makes you wonder what might have been.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

This is about the least shocking celebrity death there ever could be.

What a waste. Drugs are bad, mmkay?
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It's sad but true that she had it coming and a damn shame too. RIP Amy Winehouse.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                      Another member of the 27 Club (musicians who died at the age of 27, including Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain and many others).

If you have to ask the question,you'll never understand the answer

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post

I had no idea...didn't really follow her music but was aware of the troubles she was having.
                        She was an outstanding singer.

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                        It's sad but true that she had it coming and a damn shame too. RIP Amy Winehouse.
                        I wouldn't say she had it coming. No one deserves to die like that.

I would say I saw it coming when I read about her botched tour. Denial like that leads to one of two places: recovery, or the grave.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                          I wouldn't say she had it coming. No one deserves to die like that.

I would say I saw it coming when I read about her botched tour. Denial like that leads to one of two places: recovery, or the grave.
                          I think it was meant more in the "that was the path she was on" sense, rather than she deserved it. (but, I'm also not tropicsgoddess.)
                          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

so sad, esp so to be so young

Comment

did you see her before the drugs/booze? Drop-dead gorgeous!
                              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                              X