Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admit, I average 15% for tips. Then it is a sliding scale. I walk into a place figuring 15% EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE...the amount goes up to 20-25%. HORRID goes to 0% and everything in between.
    You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      I used to tip

Then I took an arrow to the knee
      Okay, someone is going to have to explain this one to me, because I don't get it. And I've seen it before.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Know your meme

Skip the first video, the second explains it.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Okay, someone is going to have to explain this one to me, because I don't get it. And I've seen it before.
          Or if you don't want to watch the video. There is a video game called Skyrim where you are an adventurer in a medieval like setting. When you pass by guards, they'll often say to you, "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee."
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Our delivery drivers get a flat rate per (circumference) area from the store, ie.: Area 1, $w.xx, Area 2 $y.zz, etc. They'd probably prefer an order percentage, as all the HUGE factory orders (five plus trips to the car!) are all in Area 1.

Not to defend corporate policy, but the major reasoning behind a delivery charge is in most cases insurance. It's a cost that has increased out of proportion to wages and food costs and having people on your clock driving around carries a pretty hefty liability. I'm sure they eke a little profit out of it though.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
              Or if you don't want to watch the video. There is a video game called Skyrim where you are an adventurer in a medieval like setting. When you pass by guards, they'll often say to you, "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee."
              And this is the tragic backstory of one guard who used to be an adventurer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yttRlNGkGSY
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

All I know for sure, is that I tip at least $5 per delivery, which is about 30% for what I get. When the time quote is for upwards of 90 minutes (I order online) but it's here in 30 mins, I figure I must be doing something right.
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Since this thread is about pizza and tipping, I've gotta ask - how much can you tip the Leaning Tower of Pizza before it falls over?
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

wolfie -- take out the "Leaning" bit and you've got the name of a quite good hole-in-the-wall/only one location pizza joint back in my hometown ^_^
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

He doesn't tip because someone stole his sweet roll.
                      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

He doesn't tip because he already feels sworn to carry your burdens

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post
                          He doesn't tip because he already feels sworn to carry your burdens
                          OT, but I lost Lydia in some Dwarven ruins while doing some Winterhold quests, but didn't discover her not following me until hours later. She got hit by a stray spell. Luckily, I have a power from a Black Book to prevent this, and I like my new follower, Serana, much better.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                            He doesn't tip because someone stole his sweet roll.
                            We are out of sweet rolls.

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              We are out of sweet rolls.

A glass of milk and a sweet roll

Comment

This isn't a pizza tip story, and I've always tipped no less than $2 on a $15 pizza delivery, so that's cool, but I was in a restaurant yesterday for lunch and my lunch bill came to $9.70. I said to the waitress, "Here you go" and handed her a $10 bill. She takes my receipt bill and says, "Okay, I'll be right back with your change!"
                                I said, "No, no, that's your TIP. I think you do a pretty good job and so you deserve that. I'm paying the bill with my debit card."
                                "That's very nice of you!" she said excitedly, her eyes wide with delight. I knew I made her day, so I decided to compliment her some more. "I know how it is for employees like you, making most of your money in tips, so it's always good to get someone who tips pretty big once in a while." The waitress was smiling very big, and she shook my hand and wished me a good day. THAT is how it's supposed to be done! Well...not giving your pizza guy or waitress a 102 percent tip, but letting them know that you actually CARE and APPRECIATE what they do!

Comment

Working...
                                X