This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, just wow.

So a lady checked in last week. She seemed kind of odd, and tried to hug me. I really don't like this and managed to deflect it without being noticeable by touching her arm instead. Let me reiterate, I really don't like this. The only people that let touch me are my husband, my family, and my closest friends. My husband, anytime, my friends and family rarely. Though I'm fine with shaking hands and the like and can fake it with the best of them because I've been in customer service nearly 25 years (since I was 12).

But she did tell me of the boy that was staying with her (he looked to be around 16 or so) "He's a great boy, with a large ****" Yes, she said what you think. She also said "No hotel tells me what to do", and "I only deal with women". Ok, whatever.

And apparently she is going to buy a VERY famous restaurant in our area. There is no way in hell that she will be buying that restaurant because that place makes money hand over fist and is worth millions. If she had enough money to buy that place, she wouldn't be staying at a 2-3 star hotel, she'd be staying at one of the 5 stars.

But we get weirdos every once in a while so I blew it off.

Then she claimed that she had her identity stolen and called the police. But then the police showed up and she literally ran away and hid in the hotel somewhere.

You see, we later found out that she's been tossed out of at least 7 hotels besides ours. Lack of payment being cited as the biggest reason.

Next, she said she wanted to extend and didn't pay so we locked her out. When our agent insisted that we be paid she tried a sob story but the agent refused to remove the lock out lock. Good agent.

So the next day she came back (her stuff was in the room the whole time so we couldn't use it) and said she slept outside the front doors of a church in the downtown area. She asked to get in her room to get her stuff but then came down to tell me that she was going to extend another night.

To this, I told her that I needed to have payment by 2 pm or she would have to leave. Of course, the lockout lock went back on because she disappeared.

She did not, however, return the keys and her stuff was still in the room. This meant that she was able to get in to the hotel.

The next morning, I discovered that the lights in the sitting room were off. Very strange as they are never turned off. Turned out that she came back in, and since she wasn't able to get into her room, she squatted in the sitting room by sleeping there. Yes, you read that right.

So we saw her pass through the hotel (no idea where she was hiding when we got in because she wasn't in the sitting room), and my husband chased her down the street and demanded the keys back and told her that she won't get her stuff back until she pays us what she owes us.

We haven't seen her again yet. There's more but I don't remember it all.

Damn... we really get the weirdos.
    Last edited by Moirae; 09-06-2013, 02:26 AM.

So what happens to the stuff if she never comes back?

Comment

I'd imagine it gets sold off after a certain length of time; say, a fortnight.

Comment

Well, obviously once she purchases the restaurant she'll be making enough money to pay her hotel bill.

Comment

I have an update.

We had someone stay with us the last couple nights and somehow she managed to convince him to pay her bill. So she came by a few hours later to get her things. But apparently getting her things involved moving them to the front porch of our hotel.

Once again, she gave us the same sob story about identity theft and she managed to convince the guy that paid her bill to "help her go through her things to find her ID". This involved bringing all her stuff in to his room.

At this point, my agent decided to have a talk with this guy and warn him about this woman. She told him "My managers do not want this woman in this hotel. Be aware that she will take advantage of you in every way she possibly can". He seemed to understand, and after a few minutes started taking the stuff back out on the porch.

The woman tried to tell us that she needed her ID to rent a storage unit and a car to get the stuff there. I looked right at her and told her "Your stuff needs to be gone tonight. You do know that right?". She told me that it would be gone.

When we were leaving, she was still on the porch along with her stuff telling us that she was getting a taxi to pick it up instead.

Only as of 9 pm (it is now 9:40 here), her stuff is still on the porch and she is nowhere to be found.

The agent has instructions that this stuff cannot remain on the porch and, before she is off at 11 pm, the agent needs to put the stuff out on the side of the road and if it's gone when the woman comes back, then so be it.

Our other hotel has been warned about this woman as well. I'm debating on sending out a mass fax to several of the hotels in the city warning them about her but I'm not sure if that could backfire or not.

Comment

Another update on this crazy woman:

You remember the guy that helped her out the other day? Well apparently she showed up late one night after the office had closed and one of the guests let her in so she was pounding on his door at 1 am. He asked to be moved the next day.

Instead of moving her stuff to storage unit like she said, she moved it to another spot effectively blocking the fire escape route from one part of the building. My agent told her that she wasn't allowed to stay here and to leave or we'd call the police. She turned around and told the agent to "f off".

The next day, her stuff was gone but apparently that wasn't enough because she showed up again this morning to "pick up her bike" because "she'd left it in front of the hotel". Guess what... it's gone. This is a big city, you don't leave stuff on the street for any length of time and figure it will remain there.

Next time she shows up, we have standing orders with our agents to call the police for trespassing.

Comment

I can't believe this but I actually have another update on this crazy woman:

She's been sneaking in behind other guests and harassing our staff members. And apparently she slept in our sitting room again last night.

Comment

wow that is 1 crazy lady.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                  I can't believe this but I actually have another update on this crazy woman...
                  I believe it. Key word here is "crazy."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Around 11 last night, the agent informed us that she'd called the police and filed a police report on the crazy lady.

I can't wait until she comes in to the hotel today so I can boot her out.

Comment

If you just boot her again, she'll be back. Call the police already.

Last edited by TheSHAD0W; 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                        So a lady checked in last week. She seemed kind of odd, and tried to hug pickpocket me. I really don't like this and managed to deflect it without being noticeable by touching her arm instead.
                        Fixed that for you.

I wonder what things have gone missing during her stay in various rooms and lobbies?

Comment

Another update: the crazy lady never ends....

Apparently she came to the hotel yesterday and asked to speak with one of our housekeepers. When the housekeeper walked up to the front the crazy woman told her that the bike she had out front was stolen last night.

Housekeeper said the most priceless thing.... "Okkkkkk, so what do you want me to do about it?"

Crazy lady didn't know what to say so she just left.

Front desk filed a police report about her last night and they now have standing orders to call the police if she shows up.

Quoth Raveni View Post
                          Fixed that for you.

I wonder what things have gone missing during her stay in various rooms and lobbies?
                          So far, we haven't noticed anything but that's a good question.

Comment

You're not in Western Washington, are you? This all sounds startlingly familiar.

Did she try to sell any of your staff bad watercolors or matted photos of children?

Comment

Nope, I'm in Louisiana. It's possible she was from there though she didn't do either of those things. According to crazy nutbag, she was moving here to "buy and run a restaurant".

Comment

Working...
                              X