Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We get this problem all the time with the lunchtime deal. It's quite a good one; you get a sandwich, standard crisps and a drink for £3. The drinks that are in the deal are clearly listed on the barker.

Problem is, some customers just can't read and keep on trying to get the deal with the big bags or with drinks that aren't in the deal. -.- I've had SCs bitching that the sign isn't clear. Well sorry, but we've had small children manage to read the sign perfectly, are you saying that you're stupider than a small child?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Only outdone by the ones that moan because their deal doesn't come to £3 like the sign says. That's because,for example, your sandwich is £1,your crisps are 80p and your drink 90p. So your deal is not £3.It's £2.70.That's less money-but if you really want to bitch about the sign saying £3,fine,hand over your extra money.Now everyone's happy...
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth XRogue View Post
        Cherries. I get this every time a fruit comes into season and we have a ton of it. But it's especially bad with those @##$%!!! cherries. I'll get 20 people come up to the cash line with a bag of cherries and when it rings up 4.98 a pound so that a 2 pound or so bag is ten bucks or so, I'll get a suddenly SC squealling " That's supposed to be 4.98!!! eleventy!!!!" I'll explain, sorry no, they are 4.98 a pound, the bags are all around 2 pounds each....they'll yell your sign is deceptive, take it off RIGHT NOW, it's all your fault.....

If it is 4.98 each, it'll bloody say so. Not that you'd know either way, because it would require actual reading comprehension.
        Oh...my...god. I got that starting about a month and a half ago when we had a sale on Asian pears. For some reason the Asian pears are the only ones that are sold individually instead of by the pound. When they went on sale they were something like $0.50 ea. Cue morons who come up to my register with like 30 of the damn things and when they find out they aren't by the pound they just say, "well I don't wanna get any then". I once had something like 10 pounds of the things as go-backs because the SCs can't be arsed to read the damn sign, and it was busy so I couldn't put the pears back.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          We get this problem all the time with the lunchtime deal. It's quite a good one; you get a sandwich, standard crisps and a drink for £3. The drinks that are in the deal are clearly listed on the barker.
          We have a similar deal--6 inch sub, bag of Utz chips, and a 20oz Coke drink (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite are the only ones that work) for $5.

Some people will have every possible combo BUT the one listed (footlong sub, Pepsi, Lays chips, etc) and not understand why it's not $5. Some of the ones who do get it right will then complain about tax or the bottle deposit...and the ones who complain about the deposit leave the empty bottle in the parking lot for me or a cart jockey to cash in
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
            We have a similar deal--6 inch sub, bag of Utz chips, and a 20oz Coke drink (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite are the only ones that work) for $5.

Some people will have every possible combo BUT the one listed (footlong sub, Pepsi, Lays chips, etc) and not understand why it's not $5.
            Similar thing happened to me yesterday. Local grocery store has a sale this week, pre-packaged deli meats (strip of 2 packs sold as a single unit), normally $5 per unit (sticker is right on the packaging) are "buy 2 get 1 free" for brand X. I got to the register with my purchase (3 of brand X), and the guy before me was upset because his purchase of 3 packs of deli meat rang through at $15 rather than the sale price of $10. Slight problem - he had 3 packs of brand Y. Took both the cashier and myself (showing that the label on my stuff matched the picture in the flyer, the label on his didn't) before he went back to get the right brand - and he left the wrong stuff at the cash desk even though he was going to the same cooler all the pre-packed deli meat was kept in. Great - perishable product having to wait for a "re-shop".
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X