This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Queen of Complaints"

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes. Found this article while perusing the various news papers online. I know I have encountered people like this!

This woman has been writing complaint letters for 32 years and has claimed all kinds of freebies from these complaints. She actually went to the newspaper (ok, fine maybe not "newspaper" but The Daily Mail is sort of news-ish :P) and is bragging about her freebie grabs!

UK's "Queen of Complaints"

Quoth fumblebee View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes. Found this article while perusing the various news papers online. I know I have encountered people like this!

This woman has been writing complaint letters for 32 years and has claimed all kinds of freebies from these complaints. She actually went to the newspaper (ok, fine maybe not "newspaper" but The Daily Mail is sort of news-ish :P) and is bragging about her freebie grabs!

UK's "Queen of Complaints"
    If she's telling the truth about complaining only when she gets poor service (we only have her side of things) then I see no problem with what she is doing. People shouldn't have to put up with bad service.

Part of the problem is, SCs can't differentiate between bad service and demanding something they were never entitled to in the first place.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      Part of the problem is, SCs can't differentiate between bad service and demanding something they were never entitled to in the first place.
      I think this sums it up pretty well. If you have a good reason to complain, I'm all for it, but if something simply wasn't as you thought it should be, through no fault of the store, restaurant, or whatnot, let it go. Not everything in life will be all sunshine and roses.

Comment

Concur with the above, and also a great time to remind everyone that the flip side to this does wonders too - writing in when something goes especially well, or more importantly, when someone tries to alleviate a situation that wasn't going well.

Nice find, fumblebee, thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately, it seems like everything is "bad service" for her, simply because she knows she'll get something.

Comment

I have sent complaints to companies when a product or service has not lived up to expectations. But I never expect anything from it. However, I also send letters to companies complimenting them on their service when their people go above and beyond. Far too many people are quick to chide but slow to offer praise when it is due.

I don't have an issue when someone has a legitimate complaint, however, this woman seems to have turned complaining into a career and takes every opportunity she can for a "gimme grab"

Could just be my interpretation however.

Comment

I thought that at least half of the examples she cited were frivolous and/or outside of the company's control.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I suspect this would be better suited for Check It Out.

However, I do agree in the fact that if it's a legitimate complaint, then by all means let the company know you are dissatisfied and why. They (companies) can't fix what's wrong if they don't know about it.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

She was put onto BBC Radio 2 for an interview this afternoon, I can't stand the show so I didn't listen but knowing the usual tone she was being hailed as a heroine...
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I remember reading a story where a woman had been constantly getting the multipacks of potato chips (not fries) with a few of the bags missing (and the bag was sealed as well, no evidence of tampering). She wrote in to the company asking them to rectify it. They sent her a multipack in compensation, but it STILL had missing bags
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The way I read the article (although a little one sided) and look at the things she got back I must say I have the idea she is only doing it when she indeed does not receive what was promised. They do not particularly sound frivolous.

And I must say I like her way of writing

"‘That delight, however, was short-lived. Five out of the twenty-five pack of balloons exploded (enclosed) which was most upsetting for the children present. One of the infants was crying.

‘I trust your Tesco own-brand condoms are more reliable (let’s hope they are of the Tesco Extra ilk rather than “Every little helps”). As it is, your balloons were something of a let down.’

Comment

Working...
                      X