This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Inhabited by Demons"

As many of you know, my husband and I run a small hotel in the Crescent City.

I had a very strange phone call this week.

The very first thing the guest did was ask me if our hotel was haunted because she wanted to stay since the rate is so good.

Well... considering where we are and that I've shared three stories from other guests on our facebook page...

The answer is, of course, yes.

Her answer was "I don't want to stay at a place that's inhabited by demons".

I said "Well, I can understand that, but its also possible it's simply people that don't know they're dead".

Her answer "I'm a Christian, and I think they're demons".

How in hell do you answer something like that? Well, I just said "I understand, but this is a very busy weekend due to a major convention and a major football game in the city. I don't know of anyone with any rooms left, and most hotels will tell you stories about ghosts in the city. Most guests consider it part of the charm".

And she actually tried to get me to help her find a new hotel.

I managed to blow her off eventually without compromising the hotel but wth? And I managed to deflect her manic religiouosity that looked like it was going to blow up.

Personally, I don't see the problem. They're just stories. Doesn't mean they're true.

It's not as if you're running the Stanley Hotel. Most ghosts I hear of in hotels are harmless ones.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I blame the (so-called) "History" channel. Even people who wouldn't normally fall for this kind of thing will do so when there's an implied authority behind it. There's a South Park episode that talked about how there's no proof aliens weren't at the first Thanksgiving, so therefore, there were aliens at the first Thanksgiving. In the episode the History Channel ran the show in question.

It's probably best she didn't stay there, really. Not for her, but for you.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
        Her answer "I'm a Christian, and I think they're demons".
        My response: "Well, our ghosts are Mormon, so I don't think that your beliefs effect them. Sorry about that."

Comment

Most ghosts in my experience are tricksters and semi evil. Just not demon like. Others are just there.

Comment

Tricksters like on Supernatural? Oh lordy, if so, I'd be afraid of running into one of those. Unless they left their candies behind.

One of the last losers I was seeing claimed he was attacked by a ghost in our hotel room (that I paid for!! And he never paid me back after he made us get up and leave in a huff throwing a huge dramatic fit). I'm sensitive enough to sense a presence. There was nothing in that room. He was just begging for attention. I've lived with a ghost in both houses I've lived at the longest, and I personally don't find it amusing to use that as a way of getting attention or being a little bitch.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I never watched that show. They are just up to no good here. Just not evil enough.

Otherwise. Not every ghost is a demon. And not every demon is a ghost. But thats a different discussion.
              Last edited by cashierbex; 12-08-2013, 04:07 AM.

Comment

I miss working in a place with ghosts. But am super glad that the place we are living right now has some. I have missed being around them.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                  There's a South Park episode that talked about how there's no proof aliens weren't at the first Thanksgiving, so therefore, there were aliens at the first Thanksgiving.
                  Of course there were aliens at the first Thanksgiving - the Pilgrims weren't indigenous to North America, so by definition they were aliens (in the immigration sense of the word).
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I am so not kidding; I have just finished reading the OP and the theme to Ghost Busters just came on the radio!
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If your hotel is haunted I'm there like a shot. Massive ghost enthusiast here.

Comment

Maybe it's a good thing she didn't stay there. Your ghosts would've complained about her too.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          I've lived with a ghost in both houses I've lived at the longest, and I personally don't find it amusing to use that as a way of getting attention or being a little bitch.
                          My house has ghosts now. The previous owner died in one of the bedrooms; my white kitty died of a heart attack in the kitchen. For the most part, both of them keep to themselves. But, the kitty ghost seems to enjoy messing with my cats. That's not to say that the other ghost hasn't made herself known. Apparently, she wasn't happy with how messy the house was. I came home...and the entire place smelled like bleach. Yet, nothing had been actually cleaned, and there weren't any broken cleaner bottles anywhere
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm reminded of this Booking.com commercial for haunted hotels. I remember seeing it and thinking, "This is supposed to convince me to stay at these places?"
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Mriswith View Post
                              My response: "Well, our ghosts are Mormon, so I don't think that your beliefs effect them. Sorry about that."

Having recently been (unwillingly) caught in a Mormon vs. Christian argument, I found this statement highly amusing.
                              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                              - IPF

Comment

Working...
                              X