This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on your "Bucket List"?

This has been on my mind lately with summer approaching. I'll be going to The South Carolina beaches with a ton of extended family. And my aunt, who's running the trip, found a place that offered zip lining. This is something I've always wanted to do. Last year, we went paragliding, and it was amazing having an overhead view of the ocean, we even saw a dolphin directly underneath us as my brother and I were in the air.

So I decided to set up an official list of stuff for the Bucket List. Here's mine;

Zip lining

Wind Surfing (Mom's family has a lake house with the equipment needed, but I know the family is going to have the cameras out filming me and my less-than-graceful self.

Go to Austin, Texas and play Chicken Shit Bingo (chicken walks around on a bingo board, and you can guess the rest... )

Visit the EXP Bar and Grill in Vancouver. (I live in North Texas, so it'll be a drive, but I've always wanted to visit Vancouver. I'll go someday, but it won't be for a long time.

Travel to Ireland (This may seem strange, but I have a lot of family history there. There's even a castle that belonged to my ancestors, I'd have to dig a little to find which one specifically, but lucky for me, my family history is very well documented compared to most.)

Go to a Con (I never have the money, but the stuff my friends come back with are so wonderful. Unfortunately I learn about the ones in my area when it's too late.)

Will likely add more in the future. What is on yours?
    Last edited by Eevie; 06-03-2013, 07:35 PM.
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

I'm going to start this now, but I think I'll be adding things to it as I think of them.
    • Visit Japan
    • Swim in the Pacific ocean
    • Work at (not just visit) a Renaissance Faire
    • Make my own bodice that lasts more than a single day
    • Spend a week camping with Hubby where we do nothing but swim, hike, and relax
    • Pay off all my debts (not likely to happen, but it's a good goal)
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Next August is Worldcon in London, we are planning to go to that already.

There is a tour organizer that has a tour of India that starts more or less with the Taj Mahal, hits a tiger preserve and then does the Golden Temple.

There is a train trip on the Trans Siberian Railway that looks scrumptious.

Bucharest for a friends wedding in a few years, they haven't firmed up a date yet. Probably when she finds out she is pregnant

Visit a friend in Perth and do a trip to one of the opal mining areas. I do not feel the need to climb a mountain in drag

Japan, though as I am handicapped and have a couple tattoos that presents a few problems. I can't cope with squat toilets and they would refuse to let me in some of the nicer spas because of the tattoos.

Maybe Paris again, not sure. Maybe Rome again, not sure.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
        Travel to Ireland (This may seem strange, but I have a lot of family history there. There's even a castle that belonged to my ancestors, I'd have to dig a little to find which one specifically, but lucky for me, my family history is very well documented compared to most.)
        Ireland's one place I've always wanted to visit. I'm getting to be a real history nut. Definitely want to tour the castles and museums.

England, too, more castles and museums. Would love to see a performance by the Royal Shakespeare Company (and hopefully, they'll be doing a good play) or a West End musical.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Some of mine that I already have down...
          • Bring some of my Moms ashes with me when I go back to Ireland so she can be with her grandparents. My daughter will be with me.
          • Visit Finland where hubbys family is from
          • Move back to Alaska
          • Take the train trip around Alaska
          • Visit Pointe du Hoc with hubby (he's an Army Ranger and that's where Rangers scaled the cliffs)

Comment

Interesting topic -- it got me thinking past my current "money? What money?" situation ...

So my list at the moment is:
            • Travel to England again -- and this time also get to the Scottish town where my dad's mother came from
            • Travel to Germany
            • Travel to Russia
            • Travel to Egypt and see the pyramids
            • Travel to my grandparents' village (what's left of it) again
            • Take a train trip across Canada

Comment

Everyone's posting some really good ones! Travel seems be a big one for people from what I can see. . I myself would love to visit Japan, but I couldn't go alone. I'd need buddies to go with.

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              Interesting topic -- it got me thinking past my current "money? What money?" situation ...
              That's actually kinda why I started this thread. A lot of people on CS lately seem to be having troubles. So I figured something like this would be a good way for people to be able to smile a little through troubled times. Whether it be money, family, or just and all around crappy situation, I think threads like these of just sharing a simple (or not so simple) dream really help sometimes.
              Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

got a few...
                • travel to castles in europe
                • watch all three famous horse races
                • travel to japan at least once
                • visit the grand canyon
                • go to dragon con
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Meet either Captain Mal or Jack. Or both. Shiny.
                  • Bounce off padded walls, determine bounciness.
                  • Destroy husband in game of laser tag.
                  • Acquire a Sega Genesis
                  • Get to a Comic Con.
                  • Visit Japan, get awesome ramen.
                  • Build giant fort out of fridge boxes. Cosplay something fierce, proceed to terrify small animals and children.
                  • Kick over a barrel. BECAUSE WHY NOT.
                  • Run over a bunch of traffic cones with a car. At least kick the snot out of a row, if car is unavailable.
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Still on my list:

Take a stupidly fast train in Europe
                    Drive a stupidly fast car on the autobahn (where people actually know how to drive)
                    See the only 2 oceans I have not seen.
                    Drive a train again.
                    Drive a steam train.
                    Drive a stupidly fast car on a real race track - preferably in competition.
                    Own a stupidly fast rare muscle car like a big wing Plymouth Superbird (in Petty Blue)

B
                    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

London to Vladivostok by rail.

Tour of the roman empire, start in Rome, end in Istanbul.

Hike the grand canyon.

Go camping in Grand Sequoia
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

1. Go on a cruise. Fortunately, with my current job I'll get a very generous discount after the season is over.
                        2. Visit-not necessarily in this order- Japan, Ukraine, Germany, England, Scotland, and Ireland.
                        3. Take a rail tour of the United States.
                        4. Travel First Class somewhere. I don't really care where. I just want to go First Class at least once in my life.
                        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                          *snip* A lot of people on CS lately seem to be having troubles. So I figured something like this would be a good way for people to be able to smile a little through troubled times. Whether it be money, family, or just and all around crappy situation, I think threads like these of just sharing a simple (or not so simple) dream really help sometimes.
                          It's a great idea, Eevie; thanks for coming up with it. I'm going to print off my list and tack it up somewhere so when I finally get a job, I can remind myself what I plan to do with some of my legally-gotten gains ...

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                          got a few...
                          • travel to castles in europe

*snip*
                          CASTLES! How could I forget CASTLES???

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          • *snip*
                          • Run over a bunch of traffic cones with a car. At least kick the snot out of a row, if car is unavailable.
                          Drop by My Hometown! We've got so bloody much road construction going on here you can run over traffic cones on a different street every day for two weeks!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                            London to Vladivostok by rail.

Tour of the roman empire, start in Rome, end in Istanbul.

Hike the grand canyon.

Go camping in Grand Sequoia
                            Well, the Moscow to Vladivostok is on my bucket list, I suppose we could start in London and do the cheaper 4 people to a sleeping cabin, as long as nobody minds if I take a bottom bunk
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I have to go have a ponder about my bucket list afore I post it, but I did manage to accomplish something on it that I set myself to do last year: see all six naked-eye planets within twelve months. I completed the set a couple of Sundays ago as I managed to observe the conjunction of Venus, Jupiter and the elusive little bugger Mercury
                              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Working...
                              X