Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corporate sucking up to complainers, get the heck out....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate sucking up to complainers, get the heck out....

Sometimes, I want to smack the people at corporate for making life harder (one day, I will, it will be on the news "Short Indian man is slapping people working at the hotels headquarters......more at 10")

Lady complained about cockroaches in the room. I go to check it out (and of course, the problem just happened to occur right before check out time, how convenient). I see nothing. Lady is becoming more and more irate. I ask if they were indeed cockroaches, or crickets. She keeps saying its roaches, dirty dirty roaches. It turns out, it was a cricket. The husband admitted that it was probably a cricket, wife doesn't agree. I apologize, but inform them that crickets are harmless and hard to get rid of. I live in Oklahoma, and have lived here for 10 years. Crickets are everywhere. In my apartment, hell, in my car too if I leave my door open too long. They cling to anything and anyone. I have seen customers walk in the door with a cricket or two on them. Misinformed people mistake crickets for roaches, but are cool after I explain to them about crickets (most have heard crickets chirp, but never seen one).
    This lady however, didn't want to give up. Considering it was just a cricket (could have come into the room with the guests when they checked in for all I know), and they saw it right before they were ready to check out, I didn't see that they deserved anything really. But with the way the lady yelling, I thought something small would shut her up. Well I dealt with the husband for the most part, and he seemed understanding. He said that he understands that it was probably just a cricket and that its no big deal since they are leaving anyways. Since he was so nice, I gave them 15% off. He was thankful, and everything seemed good.
    Of course life isn't so good. Lady called the 1-800 number and complained. Of course the complaint said that there were roaches "all over the place" and that the hotel staff claimed it was normal. Nice way to spin my words.
    I was pissed because I had given them a discount to avoid a complaint, something corporate told us to do to help ensure "happy" customers and it failed on me, I gave a discount and still got the complaint. So I call corporate to get some insight on this and clear my head.
    I wanted them to remove the complaint from the system since I feel I helped the guest. They told me to go ahead and write a letter of apology. I told them I didn't want to since I personally apologized, addressed the issue and also gave a discount. Complaints on our account look bad, thats why I want it removed, but they wouldn't. So I asked, "Whats my motive to help out a customer and even give them a discount if I am going to get a complaint and have to deal with the issue a second time?". There response, "Well, maybe a bigger discount is in order, or a full refund, either way, you gotta do whatever to make this customer happy.". I asked him, "What if I give a full refund, and the guest still complains, then what?". The response, "Maybe you should then give a coupon for a free night at your hotel to win back there confidence.". What in the world, when is corporate going to take the "If you are a sucky customer, we will not help you" stance? Before I hung up, I asked "Have you worked at a hotel, ever?", "No". Thats what I thought.

I guess from now on, no more discounts given from the hotel, since it won't matter when a complaint comes in anyways

That lady's just way too "citified" to go anywhere. Or, better yet, send her somewhere with even more obnoxious local animal and insect life! Like...Phnom Penh! I had a gecko in my room for the full two weeks we were there. It made it's little gecko noise every night too.

I'd love to see her complain to the front desk on that one!
    "There's a lizard in my room! Get it out!"
    "Ma'am, that gecko will eat any mosquitos that get in your room. Mosquitos that might carry malaria!"
    "I don't care! It's a dirty dirty lizard!"

Comment

When my sister lived in Hawaii, she said that if she had to get up at night, she would keep her eyes closed, turn on the light, and wait for the skittering to stop before opening her eyes and getting out of bed.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

How can you not hear the cricket chirp? Isn't that a clue? Our Corp people used to allow you to make an announiminous complaint via the website. Al you needed was a first and Last name, ZIP code, and e-mail address. The finally removed it after they discovered that the majority of the complaints from that form were made up or highly exaggerated. Now they make the customer call or white via USPS.

Comment

Why would you want to offer a coupon or any other incentive which might encourage that customer to return? I always say good riddance when sucky customers threaten to take their business elsewhere if I don't give in to their whims. I figure I'm working to make a living, and I don't need the hassle of placating some wannabe jerk.
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

You got her address on her credit card?

I say box up a bunch of crickets and mail them to her with the coupon in the bottom.
            "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Here's what we'll do. We'll ship you a few Canadian mosquitoes. Let them loose in the rooms... don't worry about leaving the windows open, they won't be able to escape, they're too big to fit.

You won't have ANY more complaints about crickets. More complaints about blood-drained corpses, yes, but no one will notice the crickets.
              Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                Here's what we'll do. We'll ship you a few Canadian mosquitoes. Let them loose in the rooms... don't worry about leaving the windows open, they won't be able to escape, they're too big to fit.

You won't have ANY more complaints about crickets. More complaints about blood-drained corpses, yes, but no one will notice the crickets.
                A FEW? Can we make it most, or all? Then again, Winnipeg alone has enough to take over the US, and maybe Mexico beside, but it's the thought that counts, right?
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                  When my sister lived in Hawaii, she said that if she had to get up at night, she would keep her eyes closed, turn on the light, and wait for the skittering to stop before opening her eyes and getting out of bed.
                  That's how you know you've got a good room.
                  Forget the black light.
                  "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Can you not write a non-apology letter to her, to satisfy corporate. Something along the lines of,

"Thank you for informing us of the problem. We investigated this claim at the time and found a single cricket. We have double checked the room and determined that there is no harmful infestation. We are grateful for you pointing this out and gladly offered you a 15% discount at the time and are sorry that that wasn't enough to satisify you."
                    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

A polite version of "I'm sorry you're an idiot".

Comment

How about this:
                        "I'm sorry you cannot tell the difference between a cricket and a cockroach. Here is a coupon for a free night's stay at our local competitor. Have a nice stay."

If only...

Comment

include pictures from the internet of a roach and a cricket. "Dear stupid git.... "
                          Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

You can borrow my cats if you want. They love to hunt crickets. And if you don't take them away, they will dispose of the little buggers, too.
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                            X