Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to make the alpha son pizzas with tortillas and pop them in the toaster oven. A pack of smallish tortillas, a jar of sauce and a bag of cheese lasted a long time that way and it was fast enough to satisfy his "hungry, now!" attitude he gets sometimes.

Comment

oooh I learned how to make those little English Muffin ones when I was 8 or so (day camp). My kids LOOOOOVE english muffin pizza nights
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
        Pillsbury works pretty well too, if I remember correctly.
        yes, biscuit and crescent roll dough make good flaky pizza crusts. Just unroll/smush them out on your pizza pan and then top as you would any other pizza. All you have to watch out for is the seams in the dough pulling apart when you cut your pizza.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Mmm, english muffin pizzas. I've been on a french bread pizza kick, but I make them up myself.

Comment

The Grocery Store of Awesome carries take n' bake pizza dough. I've been making my own pizzas with that lately.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And this is why I only buy pizza from a one-off, ma-and-pa place. The chains just can't match them.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                Hubby and I have found that it helps to toast the english muffins first, then top and bake. I got the recipe itself from my mom and it's great because we can mix and match, use up leftover ingredients, etc. It's also the perfect size for our preschooler and toddler.
                I do that all the time. I have a pizza stone that fits in my toaster oven, and I also usually pretoast them a bit.

English Muffin + Salsa + Bacon bits + spices + pepperoni + mushrooms + cheese == MMmmmmm

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                  English Muffin + Salsa + Bacon bits + spices + pepperoni + mushrooms + cheese == MMmmmmm
                  That sounds awesome. Now I'm hungry.

(Although I'd have to leave out the pepperoni, as you can't have meat and dairy together if you're Kosher. Kosher bacon bits are available, obviously without any real bacon in them; we call them "fake'n bits" )

But how do you pile all that on a standard size english muffin without it all falling off the sides?

Off topic, how come pepperoni is meat, but peperoncini are vegetables?

Comment

Falling off the sides is part of the fun. But really, I get the thin pepperoni sticks, and can usually fit about 6 slices arranged around the edge like a clock. That usually helps hold the mushrooms and bacon bits on (or serves as their base depending on which order I put them on ). The main challenge is the cheese, and you WILL end up with lots of cheese on the sides. I use a fine grate instead of the coarser grating, and that tends to help. And the pizza stone makes it easy to scrape the cheese off afterwards.

It can be easier or harder depending on how chunky the salsa is. I haven't had any problems with the El Paso salsa, usually using about 2 tablespoons of sauce per muffin half and it provides a nice base for everything. If you use a homemade salsa with lots of chunks it'll be a lot harder of course.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                      even though it's not the greatest, i'll buy some from a grocery store and add mushrooms, olives or whatever else i like for extra yum; the store itself makes some decent pizzas themselves, i just wish they had a hawaiian. mmm!
                      I do that too....'cause I have to have my green chile on it! Even though most of the pizza places around here offer that as one of the toppings, I don't know where it comes from and I freely admit that I'm a bit of a snob about it.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      The Grocery Store of Awesome carries take n' bake pizza dough. I've been making my own pizzas with that lately.
                      There's a couple of stores here that sell it. But, for what they charge for it, I can make my own several times over. Plus, not including raising time, it only takes about 5 minutes to throw it together.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I so have to stop reading this thread, it makes me hungry for pizza every time.
                        “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

I did bake a pizza (homemade) for dinner yesterday. I hadn't thought about it but it's probably because of this thread .

Comment

Quoth Muses_nightmare View Post
                            I so have to stop reading this thread, it makes me hungry for pizza every time.
                            Same here... and yet I like, say, Pizza Hut's pizzas far better than any homemade I've ever had, and better than most non-chain pizzerias. Blasphemy, I know, but there it is.
                            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I agree. I love Pizza Hut best of all. I'll eat some (not all) other places, but I just love Pizza Hut.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

One of our local-only places is really really tasty, but I also have a soft spot for Papa John's. Love the garlic sauce. Mmmmmmm....
                                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                                X