This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No words to describe this really

There is a TV programme in the UK called Airline. For those who haven't heard of it, it's a documentary based on a company called EasyJet, and quite often you see problem passengers on it. Well, this one took the cake.

They were filming on the day of 9/11, and it showed the airline cancelling flights due to what had happened in America. One check-in girl reported people shouting at her about it, another passenger said "this is not America", and there were a few belligerent people. I simply could not believe it

Anyway, about halfway through the programme, one of the supervisors was explaining the situation to a group of people and saying why their flight was cancelled, and then this happened:

Sup: You'll be given a full refund on your flight.

SC: So we get nothing extra, no compensation for the harm caused to us?

Sup: Have you heard about what happened in America today?

Seriously, this passenger was complaining about the harm HE had been caused! Never mind the hundreds of poor souls who were never going to see their loved ones again.

I've seen that show (they also had one called Airport which was either Australian or American) and oh dear lord, the amount of suck from some people was A-MAZ-ING.

Although I used to take courage in the fact that their suckiness was being aired on live TV
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

They had a version here for a while with Southwest Airlines.

Honestly, it surprised me the stunts that some people tried to pull....until the trans-Atlantic flights that I've taken in the last few years.

People are stupid.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Welcome to my world!

It's a wonder they haven't hauled me away in a straitjacket yet, I swear.

The only thing that saves me is that I'm only on the phone with them. If i was face-to-face, I'd get fired in a heartbeat.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I love watching Airline. Some of the SC's they encounter are unbelieveable. They don't even care that there is a camera pointed at them while they make complete fools of themselves!

I have never seen the episode that takes place during 9/11. But I have seen the one that takes place when all air traffic control in the UK went down. The passengers just about lynched the poor guy working on the desk!

I also watched one where some ugly chav bought loads of cigarettes from duty free, but started shouting at the flight attendant because she was not allowed to smoke them on the plane!

Comment

I watched a few episodes years ago (it's apparently not currently in reruns), and the one I remember was the hen party from hell. It would be so tempting to have a trapdoor where the true asses could be shoved out over the ocean, never to be seen again. It's such a lovely dream, please let me enjoy it for a few minutes more.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
              I watched a few episodes years ago (it's apparently not currently in reruns),
              Anyone who has Netflix, I think I remember seeing it on there. It's pretty entertaining if you're not in the airline industry. For me, watching it was too much like reliving work.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                I love watching Airline. Some of the SC's they encounter are unbelieveable. They don't even care that there is a camera pointed at them while they make complete fools of themselves!

I have never seen the episode that takes place during 9/11. But I have seen the one that takes place when all air traffic control in the UK went down. The passengers just about lynched the poor guy working on the desk!

I also watched one where some ugly chav bought loads of cigarettes from duty free, but started shouting at the flight attendant because she was not allowed to smoke them on the plane!
                I absolutely ADORE it...in fact I love the weekend just because they show 2 and a half hours' worth of episodes back to back

I have to say my favourite "character" was the man who insisted the airport clock was two minutes fast, said he was going to sue the airline over it, and followed the manager about screaming "but your clock is WWWWOOOONNNGGGG" (no, he couldn't pronounce his Rs)!

Comment

I watch "Border Patrol" now and then, its an Aussie one at the customs checkpoints.
                  Twice now I've seen people from *certain region of the world* who didn't declare food items, had a ton of unpackaged or un'processed' food and when told they are being a fine, decide they aren't paying. Or like the second one. "No. No pay. Too much. I pay 30 dollars"

Sorry people, its not a selective option. You lie on the declarations, you pay. End of story.

(I only mention they are from the same region because I dunno if they are same country or not, or if its a cultural thing)
                  "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                  Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

How people get through the week after something like that, in my opinion.

Firing ranges.

I won't tell you how many times I used the range my dad had set up after a particularly bad day at work. (About 200$ worth of .22 LR plinking, and 350$ worth of 8mm Mauser)

Comment

Salted -

Me? I prefer beating the ever-loving crap out of my group of mates.

With swords.

In kit.

At training. Lol. (I'm in SCA) And they get to beat me up in return
                      "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                      Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

I didn't see that episode, but I saw an episode of Customs (looks at the Customs Unit in the UK) where some guys bought a ton of cigarette cartons from overseas, which were seized (not sure why...can anyone from the UK explain ). Confrontation ensues, which ends with the guy surrendering his cigarettes, then saying he'll fight the decision in court.

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                        I watch "Border Patrol" now and then, its an Aussie one at the customs checkpoints.
                        Twice now I've seen people from *certain region of the world* who didn't declare food items, had a ton of unpackaged or un'processed' food and when told they are being a fine, decide they aren't paying. Or like the second one. "No. No pay. Too much. I pay 30 dollars"

Sorry people, its not a selective option. You lie on the declarations, you pay. End of story.

(I only mention they are from the same region because I dunno if they are same country or not, or if its a cultural thing)
                        I've seen that series and I LOVE it. Always makes my day watching drug smugglers getting pwned, especially when they have that look on their face like "oh shit....". A couple of cases are quite sad though, usually the ones where they've ingested the drugs. The series in question also looks at cases involving immigration (again, love watching idiots getting pwned, the more common ruling is their intention to come to Australia to work while on a tourist visa which is illegal, although one sad case involved a guy from NZ trying to come to Australia on a certain type of visa for NZ folk and being refused because of an assault charge that was a couple of years old, but he accepted it and decided to apply for a normal visa) and also looks at cases involving the Quarantine service (with the sniffer dogs...one clever way of doing it was making the drugs into sheets of plastic film)
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                        X