Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 04-06-2021, 03:13 PM
Loanshark IT

Quote:
Quoth MadMike View Post
but you'd think they'd at least enforce it with their employees.
That would require management to accurately do work.

Now, if a customer complained, they would be more than happy to write up the employee.

Old 04-06-2021, 04:00 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Yeah, and not enforcing it amongst the employees makes it that much harder to enforce it on the cursetomers. This is the case if even one EE in sight is wearing it incorrectly.

"I have always thought that when customers tell you 'Im never shopping here again,' they view that as a threat, we hear it as a promise, but it always turns out to be a lie." ~ 'AdoptsDEATHsCats', reddit
Acts of Gord Read it, Learn it, Love it!
"Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 04-06-2021, 09:51 PM
Insert clever title here

Was at the Post Office earlier today. The clerk looked at a maskless man in line and said, "Sir, you're required to wear a mask in here."

He answered in a snotty tone, "It's against my religion to wear a mask, I have a medical condition and you're not allowed to ask about either one!" Everyone in the vicinity groaned loudly.

Fortunately, the post office has plastic barriers between the clerks and the customers, and lots of hand sanitizer. He did at least comply with standing behind the barrier and the six-foot distance.

I don't know of any religion that prohibits medical mask-wearing. He was young, muscular and healthy-looking, so I don't know what, if any, condition he had. But it was pretty obvious nobody was buying his excuse.

Old 04-07-2021, 02:29 AM
Essential Worker

The only place I've seen maks rules consistently enforced lately is on the bus, where the drivers will literally pull over and refuse to move if someone isn't wearing a mask properly.

Old 04-07-2021, 10:09 PM
Chairman of the Board

Had a guy from "the old country" in my line today (we had a REAL communications problem, but that's another story) who was paying with cash.

He pulled down his mask so he could lick his thumb so he could sift through his bills.

Thank goodness I wear gloves.

Old 04-08-2021, 12:03 AM
Loanshark IT

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
He pulled down his mask so he could lick his thumb so he could sift through his bills.
Did you make a show of sanitizing the bills then removing and burning your gloves?

Old 04-08-2021, 01:21 AM
Area Manager

Got my first shot today (Michelle Pfizer). Zero side effects to report thus far.

Old 04-08-2021, 02:42 AM
Philosophical Tomato

I get a lot of those customers who will pour loose change in their ungloved hand and expect me to pick through it. I've restarted keeping latex gloves on me; when someone pulls that trick I remove my regular gloves, lightly sanitize my hands, put on the latex gloves and only then will I touch their coins. After placing their change in the drawer I sanitize my gloved hands before making change (don't want to spread any cooties to the rest of the drawer). Then after they leave the checkstand I discard the latex gloves, sanitize and don my regular gloves again.

My goal with that is to make it annoying enough that they'll think twice. Like reusable bags, it's probably to a cashier's discretion and I choose not to.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:56 AM
Assistant Manager

I'm happy! I got my appointment to get the shot next week. They opened it to anyone that wanted one, but the supply wasn't keeping up with the demand in the locations around me so getting an appointment has been tricky.