This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People's Court

I love when people try that on People's Court, and the person pretends to not be good in English and switch to Spanish. And the judge speaks fluent Spanish right back.

Judge Judy does not speak anything but English, but a few times I watched her bring out an expert in the other language and usually also a expert at the subject of the case.

Just not speaking English does not make you in the right.

Comment

When my brother first started as a cop, one of his first traffic stops was 5 migrant farmers that tried to claim they knew little English. . After having a short 'conversion' with them, he decided he had enough cause to pull them out of the car, so he could search it. As soon as he brought out the handcuffs, the driver mysteriously start speaking perfect English. IIRC, he ultimately ended up letting them go, he said they had just enough to charge them with something, but it was so borderline that it probably would've probably got dismissed in court and not be worth it, and that and once he pulled out the 'Handcuffs of speaking English' they became real cooperative.
      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
      X