X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morons in the hotel

Moron 1
    This dude came to the front desk furious and said no one at the valet to get his car, so i promptly asked him if he is staying in the hotel. It says on the ticket, non hotel guest will have to pay at the garage.
    the moron never bother to look at the ticket, and said no one ever told him when he valet the car.
    I wondered if we need to tell him it is time to breath in after he breath out.

Moron 2
    This moron came to the desk asked why he couldn't get to the hotel bar.
    And I said its closed.
    He then said I am a VIP of this hotel and I cant believe a hotel would do this to a VIP.
    Look moron, come back to the bar during BUSINESS HOURS. It says in the elevator.

Did moron #2 really expect you to open up the bar just cause he's a VIP? I mean, wow...lol.

Comment

Yeah, sure the bar'll stay open 24 hours in case the VIP needs a drink. Does room service serve alcohol?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I had one these "VIP" people come in this weekend and thought that since they are a "Platinum Rewards" member, that I can magically squeeze a room out of my ass for them to stay in.

ME: Hi, how may I help you today?
        SC: I need a room for tonight and tomorrow night.
        ME: I am sorry, but I have no rooms available for this weekend.
        SC: I am a Platinum rewards member, I need a king.
        ME: Sorry sir, but we have no rooms available, I can however, point you to some places that might.
        SC: You mean you don't have a room for platinum rewards members?
        ME: Sir, we have no rooms available, member or not.
        SC: So you mean to tell me that you have no rooms?
        ME: Yes sir, unfortunately (for you), we are sold out for the next two nights.

SC calls the 1-800 number for card members and asks them, giving me this "I don't believe you" look the whole time. After a couple minutes, he hangs up the call and storms out.

Was it that hard to believe that we have no rooms available? Do people really not get the concept that hotels do indeed run out of rooms because, well, we have a limited supply.

Comment

Quoth slick
          SC calls the 1-800 number for card members and asks them, giving me this "I don't believe you" look the whole time. After a couple minutes, he hangs up the call and storms out.
          Can we get a PWNED from the congregation?
          "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

you know what. ive got one of those morons came into the hotel at like 11pm asking to see if there is a chance for a room
            I told him there is no room for the night. we were completely sold out.
            he left, and he came back exactly 30 minutes later with a piece of paper with a confirmation number, and he said you have rooms.
            so i checked the confirmation number... true... he made the reservation like 2 minutes after he stormed out of the hotel.
            but the reservation its for the NEXT evening of stay.
            apparently the time differences of central booking. and when the guest meant "TONIGHT" means saturday night. but the central booking already ROLLED OVER the date. the central booking's "TONIGHT" meant SUNDAY night.
            tell you what... he couldnt even cancell his reservation. and he was charged for no show for one night. HAHA

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
              Did moron #2 really expect you to open up the bar just cause he's a VIP? I mean, wow...lol.
              I guess he really wanted me to unlock the elevator for him to go up there and get some drinks
              but i couldnt unlock the elevator, because the BAR was closed, and it was not my department... thats F&B ... I am just FO.... he even told me he was going to file a formal complaint... wooooooooooo i am so scare

Comment

I had a VIP member wanting to check in early one morning. This was at 8:00 AM and we were sold out the night before. All of the rooms were either occupied or dirty. But Mr. VIP wouldn't hear that. He wanted his room NOW. I once again advised him that we had no rooms avaliable at the time because we were sold out from the night before and that housekeeping hasn't even cleaned any rooms yet.

Over and over again, he said he was a VIP member was entitled to an early check in. Keep in mind our regular check in time is at 3:00 PM. You would think such a frequent stayer at hotels would understand that. Anyway, I told him he could leave his luggage behind the desk and eat some breakfast in the lobby and when the first avaliable room came open, I would check him in. Of course I didn't know how early that would be. He just stormed out and then filed a complaint saying that I refused to check him in.

Comment

the bigger the VIP they think they are. the bigger of a dick they are.

Comment

Quoth uthdentroll View Post
                    the bigger the VIP they think they are. the bigger of a dick they are.
                    VIP: Very Irritating P*nis.
                    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Their are people who travel for business during the week that end up in cities that don't tend to fill up.
                      Then they go to a city they know and it is the weekend and well the hotel is booked full up and then some. This is a totally foreign concept to them. They have been to that city for years and never have they heard of their not being a room.
                      So yes, it is possible for a person to not realize their are no rooms.
                      However, that does not give them permission to act the fool or be disrespectful to the staff.

For the male who thought he could circumvent the situation and called the reservation hotline . . . true it is his fault that he didn't specify the day of the week / date. I don't think he should have been penalized by having to pay for the room on the wrong date. It was obvious at the point that he tried to check in that their was a misscommunication and the reservation should have been cancelled at that point.

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                        Their are people who travel for business during the week that end up in cities that don't tend to fill up.
                        Then they go to a city they know and it is the weekend and well the hotel is booked full up and then some. This is a totally foreign concept to them. They have been to that city for years and never have they heard of their not being a room.
                        So yes, it is possible for a person to not realize their are no rooms.
                        However, that does not give them permission to act the fool or be disrespectful to the staff.

For the male who thought he could circumvent the situation and called the reservation hotline . . . true it is his fault that he didn't specify the day of the week / date. I don't think he should have been penalized by having to pay for the room on the wrong date. It was obvious at the point that he tried to check in that their was a misscommunication and the reservation should have been cancelled at that point.
                        I agree that this person should not have been penalized for a miscommunication error, but you have to realize, instead of doing the right thing (asking for assistance as to where there might be a room available), this person decided the employee was dumb and would prove them wrong by getting a room somehow.

I have it happen to me all the time. They act like I just don't want to give them a room, and turn into this very skeptical person that just ends up wasting time, late at night, looking for a way to get a room at a hotel that has none. All they have to do is be normal and ask for a phone book, or a suggestion on where to go, I would gladly help them in this situation.

Comment

Not everyone is a seasoned traveler . . . .
                          Not everyone realizes that if a hotel is full they will be happy to try and make other arrangements.

Most business is competitive . . . at a store you want item A, they are out, they will give you a rain check or tell you to check back . . .they don't call the competition and have them hold it for you to come buy.

Comment

Rewards members, military, corporate travelers, etc. I've never understood people who come in, find out we are sold out, then think that we have empty rooms sectioned off for their particular group, just on the off chance that they may come in. Amazes me how much I have to explain to people that, if we have a room...any room, and someone wants it , we sell it. Why should a hotel not sell a room to anyone who comes in if it's available? It perplexes me, even after 5 years, how people just don't understand the concept.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                              VIP: Very Irritating P*nis.
                              Heh...

Try VIP: Very Insufficient P*nis

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X