This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Wish Jew A Merry Christmas

In short-- Christmas Eve. SC finds out the employee helping her is a Jew. She spits on him, says some really hateful things, Manager turfs her, and when she refuses to apologize, she gets put down by her own pastor.

As a bonus, the Jewish employee even shows more knowledge of the SC's religion than she does.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      In short-- Christmas Eve. SC finds out the employee helping her is a Jew. She spits on him, says some really hateful things, Manager turfs her, and when she refuses to apologize, she gets put down by her own pastor.
      I imagine the pastor will have a doozy of a sermon next Sunday...
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Santa's Little Helper

Right in the warm fuzzies.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          Santa's Little Helper

Right in the warm fuzzies.
          This story just gave me feels.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• the new groove

http://notalwaysworking.com/the-driv...w-groove/41821

Last edited by MadMike; 12-23-2015, 10:18 PM. Reason: Fixed link -- hopefully
            "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

• I think I have something in my eye.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• http://notalwaysworking.com/stealing...hristmas/41841

Karma rarely gets better than this...

Comment

• The place is short-staffed so the boss schedules someone on the 24th and 26th, even though they had requested either 23rd/24th or 26th/27th off (boss' choice which pair). There is only ONE circumstance in which the employee's action (quitting without notice at the end of their shift on the 21st) is justified. What is that circumstance? Simple - they're not scheduled on the 22nd, so they wouldn't be able to quit without notice at the end of their shift on that day.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• I... just... argh.

ETA: Wow. Now this is just pure @#$%ing spite.
                    Last edited by Jay 2K Winger; 12-30-2015, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Regarding the spite one - saying that it's illegal to hire someone with a restraining order against them because it means the place can't then hire the person who the order is supposed to protect? Pure BS - if it were illegal, how would the person with the order against them be supposed to support themselves?
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Something tells me the guy didn't deserve the restraining order based on how the crazy ex is acting.

Comment

• Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                          Something tells me the guy didn't deserve the restraining order based on how the crazy ex is acting.
                          That's exactly the same vibe I was getting - this is some petty, vindictive bitch doing her best to ruin someone's life for her own sadistic pleasure...

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                            The place is short-staffed so the boss schedules someone on the 24th and 26th, even though they had requested either 23rd/24th or 26th/27th off (boss' choice which pair). There is only ONE circumstance in which the employee's action (quitting without notice at the end of their shift on the 21st) is justified. What is that circumstance? Simple - they're not scheduled on the 22nd, so they wouldn't be able to quit without notice at the end of their shift on that day.
                            I went back and looked at all the comments. And they're an interesting batch:

- About one-third said the manager was a dick
                            - About one-third said the OP was a whiny, self-absorbed brat
                            - About one-sixth said both were in the wrong
                            - About one-sixth wanted more info before making a decision (how long between request and posting of schedule, how soon before Christmas was the schedule posted, was OP low-man on the totem pole, was OP a good employee or was management looking to get rid of them, etc.)

Several posters made the comment that this situation could EASILY have been avoided by:

1) manager telling OP when they made their request that it might not be honored
                            2) OP being told their request had been denied far earlier than they were and not when the schedule was posted (for which I get the distinct impression was too close to Christmas to allow OP to change plans).

However, Manager's TOTALLY uncalled for remark earns them the Bonehead Maneuver of the Year award and makes me sympathize with OP. An apology that OP's request couldn't have been honored would have gone a long way to diffuse the situation, even though that information SHOULD have been disseminated long before. At this point if OP walked out I would have zero sympathy for them. But I too would have walked after manager made it 100% clear they had no empathy for me. I could not work for such a self-centered asshole.

Although many posters hoped that a co-worker who's vacation request had already been approved wasn't shafted to fill the void in the schedule...

Just my two cents...

Comment

• Call it being self-absorbed, "affluenza," or being an entitlement whore; this hotel dodge major artillery when this guy didn't show up for his follow-up interview.
                              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Quoth eltf177 View Post
                                Snip
                                Though I didn't post a comment on this, I don't think the OP made it clear why having a different 3 days off in a row was a huge deal for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X